How we keep Internet Banking secure
We’re committed to making sure your Internet Banking experience is as safe as possible. We use cutting edge technology to protect your personal information and privacy.
We guarantee to refund your money in the unlikely event you experience a fraud with your Internet Banking as long as you've been careful, for example, by taking reasonable steps to keep your information safe.
Keeping your safe
Even if you only spend five minutes looking at your account every now and then, we have some seriously clever widgets to keep you safe:
- Secure log on. You will always have to enter your User ID, password and three characters from your memorable information to access your account(s).
- Automatic log off. We will automatically log you off after several minutes of inactivity in case you forget to log off or leave your computer unattended.
- Fraud detection systems. We monitor your account(s) for any unusual behaviour.
- Suspend account. We will temporarily disable your account(s) after a number of incorrect log on attempts in case fraudsters are trying to guess your details.
- Telephone masking. To provide additional security, we have partially hidden your telephone numbers to help protect you against online fraud.
Setting up a new payment in Internet Banking
When you set up a new payee, standing order or credit card payment, we need to make sure you are who say you are. To do this, we’ll give you a call to ensure that the instruction is coming from you.
How it works:
- All you need is a telephone near you. You’ll be able to choose which number we call you on, provided it’s a number we already have on our records.
- You’ll receive an automated call asking you to confirm details about your transaction.
- You’ll need to enter the four digit number that will appear on your computer screen into your telephone keypad.
The whole process takes around a minute. See it on our demoSee our demo..
Please make sure your contact details are up to date: log on to Internet Banking, then select Personal Details from the left-hand menu.
We may also use this process at other points in your journey.
How we communicate with you
Criminals may use email, text or phone to lure you into handing over valuable information such as credit card and bank account numbers, passwords and log on details. These can be used to commit fraud.
We will always:
- Quote your Internet Banking user ID or the last four digits of your account number. By default this will be your main account.
- Greet you personally using your title and surname.
- Use links in our emails that will only ever go to a page on www.lloydsbank.comLloyds Bank website. We will never link directly through to our Internet Banking log on page or ask for your personal details.
- Use the sender addresses firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Find out more about phishing
Our online and mobile banking guarantee
We guarantee to refund your money in the unlikely event you experience fraud with our Internet Banking service - as long as you've been careful, for example, by taking reasonable steps to keep your security information safe. We protect you with safeguards that meet Industry Standards.
- Keep your password secure and do not let anyone else make use of your security details, even if they share a joint account with you.
- Do not let anyone watch you enter your security details and log off after each Online Banking session.
- Carry out regular virus checks on your devices and have the latest operating system and web browser installed.
Find out more about how to protect yourself online