Finance application checklist
When you borrow from us, it’s important that we tailor the lending to suit your business. To do this, we ask you to provide information that helps us understand your needs and assess your ability to repay.
Use the following checklist to help you prepare for our requests ahead of time. Keep in mind that the information we ask for will vary based on your circumstances, and we may ask for further information in addition to what’s listed below.
For all borrowing requests, we’ll ask you:
- How much you would like to borrow.
- How long you would like to borrow it for.
- Why you want to borrow it.
- How you plan to repay it.
If you request to borrow from us, we may ask you to provide:
- A profile of your business, including the experience, expertise and track record of its owner and/or management team.
- The amount of money you and/or your management team have personally invested in the business.
- Details of assets you have available for security, including the estimated value of your business (we require professional valuations in some instances).
- Information on any other borrowing commitments you have.
Depending on your request, we may also ask you to provide us with:
- Business plans, usually covering the term of the borrowing.
- Cashflow forecast, usually covering the term of the borrowing.
- Details of your business assets and liabilities, including any additional income from other sources.
- Management accounts.
- Historic financial accounts (for example, profit and loss, balance sheet and cashflow statements.
Can I borrow for my business?
See how likely you are to get a Business Loan or Overdraft without affecting your credit rating. View indicative interest rates and repayment details. 99% of customers who use this tool get a final offer that is the same, better or no more than 10% above their initial quote.
ANY PROPERTY GIVEN AS SECURITY, WHICH MAY INCLUDE YOUR HOME, MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE OR OTHER DEBTS SECURED ON IT.
Overdrafts are repayable on demand.
All lending is subject to a satisfactory credit assessment and we will need your permission to carry out a credit check on you and your business.
You should not apply for an amount that you cannot comfortably afford to repay now and in the future to avoid the possibility of legal action.
Important Legal Information
Lloyds Bank is a trading name of Lloyds Bank plc, Bank of Scotland plc and Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc. Lloyds Bank plc. Registered Office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales no.2065. Bank of Scotland plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland no. SC327000. Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc. Registered office 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales no. 10399850. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278, 169628 and 763256 respectively.
Eligible deposits with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). Please note that due to FSCS and FOS eligibility criteria not all business customers will be covered.
The products and services outlined on this site may be offered by legal entities from across Lloyds Banking Group, including Lloyds Bank plc and Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc. Lloyds Bank plc and Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc are separate legal entities within the Lloyds Banking Group.