Terms and Indemnity for Direct Collection
- Lloyds Bank plc shall not be held liable for any loss, damage or delay, however caused, which is not directly due to the negligence of its own officers or servants.
- The choice of collecting bank rests with Lloyds Bank plc, unless specific instructions are given on this form to present through a named bank direct, without the intervention of an intermediary.
- Your completion and our authorisation of a Direct Collection Schedule does not confer any benefit on, and is not enforceable by, any party other than you or us.
- All collections will be subject to the Uniform Rules for Collections International Chamber of Commerce Publication number 522.
- You shall indemnify Lloyds Bank plc as follows in respect of all Direct Export Collections.
TO LLOYDS BANK plc
In consideration of you allowing us to complete the Direct Export Collection Schedule(s) ("the Schedule(s)") and subject to your express online approval to allow us to despatch the Schedule to another branch of Lloyds Bank plc or to another bank, I/we agree to indemnify you against all claims, demands, costs, liabilities, charges, expenses, or losses ("Claims") which you may sustain or incur or which may be brought or preferred against you and which arise directly or indirectly, as a result of our doing so. In particular (without prejudice to the generality of the forgoing) this indemnity shall extend to all Claims which you may sustain or incur directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the instructions/information put on the Schedule and/or the completion of such Schedules whether or not this was done with our authority. We undertake:
• not to use any scanned or other electronic copy of the Schedules unless you have previously agreed in writing that we may do so. If you do so agree, our above indemnity will also apply to any Claims as a result of the creation and use of such electronic copies;
• to ensure that only authorised persons have access to the systems containing such electronic copies, and that such systems can only be operated in a secure manner;
• not to alter the format or content of the Schedules which you have approved without your written agreement; and
• destroy or delete such electronic copies and/or templates of the Schedules if you require us to do so.
You may debit any sums payable to us pursuant to this indemnity to any account in our name.
We acknowledge that you may terminate the arrangements contemplated by this indemnity immediately upon written notice to us and our obligation under this indemnity shall survive any such termination.
This indemnity shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and we hereby submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of England but without prejudice to the right of Lloyds Bank plc to pursue action at its sole discretion in any other jurisdiction.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these terms and conditions a customer of Lloyds Bank plc shall be (and shall be deemed to be) entering into a contract with Lloyds Bank plc and a customer of Lloyds Bank International Limited shall be (and shall be deemed to be) entering into a contract with Lloyds Bank International Limited and all references in these terms and conditions to the "Bank", "us", "we", "Lloyds", "Lloyds Bank" and "Lloyds Bank plc" shall be construed accordingly to give full effect to this clause.