Sustainability resources for the education sector
Schools and universities represent 36% of total UK public sector building emissions1. Because of this, the education sector has an important role to play in mapping out a greener future to help the UK achieve Net Zero by 2050. We recognise this is a big challenge for some, whilst others have already been taking small steps. Wherever you are on your sustainability journey we are committed to supporting your transition to a greener business model and explore clean growth opportunities.
Getting started on your transition to Net Zero
- Achieving Net Zero by 2050 may seem like a big challenge, but even the smallest of steps are in the right direction. To understand where you are currently on your journey, and what you can do next, view our From Now To Net Zero (PDF, 4.4 MB) report, for whatever stage you’re at.
- Use the Clean Growth Audit(PDF, 3 MB) tool to conduct a sustainability audit, help understand your current position and potential next steps to support your journey to Net Zero.
- Read about the government’s ambition for a low carbon future in their Clean Growth Strategy
- Look at the Get More Sustainable Fast Guide(PDF, 6.3 MB) for simple tips and creative ideas to make your business more sustainable.
Questions to consider
- How has sustainability impacted the education sector in the past year?
- What are the key risks you are seeing from climate change?
- What are your pupils and teaching staff looking for from you on addressing sustainability and climate change?
- What opportunities do you see for your establishment given the increasing focus on the climate emergency?
- Are any of your goals and projects linked to sustainability?
Let's help you get to the right person
Get in touch with a specialist who can help with your business needs.
Important legal information
Lloyds Bank is a trading name of Lloyds Bank plc, Bank of Scotland plc, Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc and Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets Wertpapierhandelsbank GmbH.
Lloyds Bank plc. Registered Office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales no. 2065. Bank of Scotland plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland no. SC327000. Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc. Registered office 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales no. 10399850. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278, 169628 and 763256 respectively.
Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets Wertpapierhandelsbank GmbH is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc. Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets Wertpapierhandelsbank GmbH has its registered office at Thurn-und-Taxis Platz 6, 60313 Frankfurt, Germany. The company is registered with the Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main, HRB 111650. Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets Wertpapierhandelsbank GmbH is supervised by the Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht.
Eligible deposits with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). Please note that due to FSCS and FOS eligibility criteria not all business customers will be covered.