What you can do at the Post Office®
New Instructions for Cash Exchange:
- You can now exchange your cash for coins using the Change Giving Service at the Post Office®.
- The Post Office® will need a cheque book or personalised paying-in slip to do this for you. Please ask your Post Office® if there are any specific limits in place for the change giving service.
- If you need small change regularly, then you’ll need to register to ensure a guaranteed service every time.
You can register at an assigned Post Office® or at any Lloyds bank branch.
Paying in cash and cheques
Paying in cash
- You can pay in both notes and coins at a Post Office counter
- Different types of Post Office branches have differing maximum cash deposit limits - you should check the limit at the Post Office you intend to use
Paying in cash using your Debit Card
- From 24 October 2018, you can use a valid debit card for the account that you want to pay cash into
- Your deposit will be counted and once the receipt has been issued, the money will be applied to your account immediately
Paying in cash using a paying-in slip
- If you do not have a debit card for your account or if you prefer to, you can still use a pre-printed paying in slip to pay cash in. As paying in slips are personalised, you must present your own slip with your cash
- Paying in slips can be ordered by contacting us in a Lloyds Bank branch or over the telephone.
- When you use a Post Office branch to pay cash into a current account with a paying in slip, the funds will show in your account, and be available for you to use from the day we receive them from the Post Office, which will usually be the next working day.
Paying in cheques at the Post Office
- Paying in cheques will require a specific cheque envelope and be accompanied by a pre-printed paying in slip
- Envelopes can be obtained from Lloyds Bank branches or from Post Offices
- Cheques presented at Post Office branches will take at least one additional day to credit your account
- Cheques will be processed under the existing cheque clearing cycle
If you're paying in cash and cheques at the same time, separate paying in slips will be required for each element along with a cheque deposit envelope for cheques.
Paying in Cheques using the Business Mobile Banking App
You can also pay in cheques up to £999 using the ‘cheque imaging’ feature. The app uses your mobile device’s camera to capture images of a cheque and then submit it to us electronically.
For cheques deposited before 10pm on a business day funds will be available in your account by 11:59pm on the next working day (subject to successfully clearing). It's a secure and convenient way to bank with us.
For further information, please visit our mobile cheque imaging page.
Every Post Office branch has a cut-off time for paying in cash and cheques using a paying in slip. The information above will apply if you pay them in before that time. If you deposit after the cut-off time an additional working day to processing times where relevant will apply. Please check the cut-off time with the Post Office you wish to use. If you are paying in cash using a debit card, you can do so during opening hours of the branch you are using.
Coin denominations below £1 - only full coin bags will be accepted per the amounts specified on the bags. £1 and £2 coins will still be accepted in partial bags as long as the denominations are separate. Only £250 of coins will be accepted per transaction.
Services described above are available during opening hours on working days at any branch of the Post Office within England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland, excluding those in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
Important legal information
Lloyds Bank plc. Registered office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales No. 2065. Lloyds Bank plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278. Telephone: 020 7626 1500
Eligible deposits with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). Please note that due to FSCS and FOS eligibility criteria not all business customers will be covered.
Calls may be monitored or recorded in case we need to check we have carried out your instructions correctly and to help improve our quality of service.
The Post Office® is a registered trademark of the Post Office Ltd.
While all reasonable care has been taken to ensure that the information provided is correct, no liability is accepted by Lloyds Bank for any loss or damage caused to any person relying on any statement or omission. This is for information only and should not be relied upon as offering advice for any set of circumstances. Specific advice should always be sought in each instance