We’ve got you covered

You know you need to care for your business by getting the right protection. But what exactly does that mean? We understand it can be complicated, and that's why we've chosen to work with Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited and a panel of leading insurers.

Arthur J. GallagherMore information. are one of the UK’s largest brokers. Their specialist advisers will support you so you can make an informed decision. They’ll also search a panel of leading insurers so not only will you get the right protection, but you’ll get it at the right price.

Popular covers to consider

These are the products most commonly bought by businesses like yours.


Liability Insurance

Accidents can, and do, happen even to the most cautious of businesses. Make sure you’re protected should a client or member of the public injure themselves or damage their property due to your business.

From builders to bakers and gardeners to gas fitters, liability insurance protects your customers, your employees and the tools of your trade.

Find out more about Public Liability insurance


Professional Indemnity Insurance

If you give advice or offer a professional service, you may need professional indemnity insurance. This insurance protects you against the costs involved with giving wrong, negligent or misleading advice. Even if the mistake was not yours, it can be costly to defend these claims.

So if you’re a business, marketing or IT consultant get the advice you need to protect you and your business.

Find out more about professional indemnity insurance

Employers’ liability
As a responsible business owner you are required by law to have cover in place in case your employees get injured on the job as a result of you being negligent as an employer, and then seek compensation.

Tool cover
Tools are an important part of any small business so make sure you’re able to continue trading if yours were lost, stolen or damaged.

Product liability
Provides peace of mind that goods you manufacture or sell are covered should someone claim against you for negligence having suffered an incident or injury as a result of a product obtained from you.

Business interruption
This cover can help to recover lost revenue or profit if you need to claim for property damage and the incident temporarily stops you from trading.

Buildings insurance
Covers the cost of repairing or rebuilding your business premises.

Contents insurance
Contents insurance covers the cost of repairing or replacing your business’ equipment, furniture and more, if it’s damaged or stolen.

Goods in transit
Cover for loss or damage to stock/goods whilst in transit, minimising the financial impact this could have on your business.

Stock protection
Damaged or stolen stock could have a massive impact on your business and its ability to trade. Stock protection offers invaluable cover if your stock is damaged, lost or stolen.

Please note this is not a comprehensive list. Additional covers are available to ensure your business is suitably protected.

Need some guidance?


Let’s Chat

As all businesses are unique, you may feel more comfortable discussing your individual situation with an insurance specialist. If that’s the case then please call 0345 0199410

Lines are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.

Mouse icon

Show Me

Our handy online tool can help drill down to the main covers relevant to your business type.

Ready to set up your business insurance?

It only takes a few minutes to get a quote or call 0345 0199410 for advice and support from insurance specialists who will help you get the cover you need.

Lines are open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm.

Who is Arthur J. Gallagher?
Arthur J. Gallagher is a specialist insurance broker who we’ve chosen to work with. They’re able to offer you expert advice to satisfy all of your insurance needs and will search a panel of insurers to find you the right cover at the right price.

Is business insurance required by law?
Employers’ liability and vehicle insurance are the only types of insurance which are required by law. Employers’ liability is a legal requirement for most business that employ staff and vehicle insurance with cover for business use is a legal requirement when using your vehicle in connection with your business.

What is employers’ liability?
Employers’ liability covers you if any of your employees are injured at work.

How much cover do I need?
This depends on your specific needs. Common insurance products are public liability and professional indemnity, whilst almost all companies with employees will require employers’ liability. If you’re unsure what insurance your business needs you can visit our handy online tool. Or you can contact an insurance specialist on 0345 0199410

How is the cost of business insurance calculated?
The cost of your insurance is based on the following information

  • Size of your business
  • Type of work carried out
  • Amount of cover required
  • Number of employees
  • Previous claims

Do I need business insurance if I work from home?
This will depend on your type of business.

If you welcome business customers into your home, you may want to consider public liability insurance in the event of them suffering an injury whilst visiting you.

If you provide advice or a professional service, then professional indemnity insurance could be important.