Inside content area, use arrow keys or tab to access content

Quotes from a panel of insurers

Get a quick quote online

For advice call: 0345 377 0002

Lines open 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday.

Pay £129 or less

60% of new customers paid £129 or less when buying Public Liability Insurance online between January 2018 & December 2018.

Highly recommended

90% of customers are likely to recommend Lloyds Bank Business Insurance Services.
Based on responses from Lloyds Bank customers surveyed between August 2018 & March 2019 after purchasing Lloyds Bank Business Insurance.

How can Lloyds Bank Business Insurance Services help you protect your business?

  1. We know your business is important to you, and keeping it safe and secure will allow you to focus on the Important day to day tasks.
  2. To help you do this we have chosen to work with Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited, one of the UK’s largest insurance brokers. Arthur J. Gallagher will search a panel of insurance providers for quotes tailored to your business’ insurance needs.
  3. This service will provide you with access to specialist insurance advisers and a panel of leading insurers which means you can choose from a range of products to get the cover you need at the price you want.

What is Public Liability insurance?

When accidents happen, your business could be responsible for paying compensation under many circumstances. Public Liability insurance can cover the cost of pay-outs and legal fees if your business is sued by a third party (third parties include members of the public, customers or clients, but not your staff).

Public Liability insurance can cover an accident in your work area or relating to your business activities. This includes incidents on your premises as well as those that occur while doing business offsite.

You should consider Public Liability insurance if:

  • Customers visit your business premises
  • You work on client sites, for example you’re a tradesman carrying out work in people’s homes or gardens
  • You work in public, for example you’re a builder, and your work could potentially cause injury or damage to a member of the public

Do you give advice or provide a service?

If you give advice or provide a service when working for a client then you may need to consider Professional Indemnity insurance (also known as PI).

Professional Indemnity Insurance can help to put mistakes right and cover any legal costs if a client alleges you have provided inadequate service or advice.

To get a combined Liability and Indemnity quote, call 0345 377 0002 to speak to specialist advisors who can advise you on the cover you need to protect your business.

Lines available from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday

The complete guide to tradesman insurance

Whether you’re a builder, carpenter, a plumber or a window cleaner, it’s difficult to know what insurance you need to protect yourself, your customers and your business. Read our complete guide to Tradesman Insurance and find out the cover you need.


What types of liability cover are there?

Find out more about the different types of liability cover.

Find out more


Do I need Public Liability insurance?

Does your business need liability cover?

Find out more


Employers' Liability Cover

Does your business need Employers' Liability cover?

Find out more


How much Public Liability insurance cover do I need?

Unsure how much liability cover you may need?

Find out more

Reasons to buy

  • Compare quotes from our panel
    Receive competitive quotes from a panel of leading insurers, saving you time and hassle.
  • Variable cover limits to suit your needs
    Choose from Public Liability insurance limits of £1m, £2m or £5m to get the right levels of cover for your business.
  • Protect your business
    Get cover for legal costs and solicitors’ fees to defend allegations made against you relating to an insured business incident.
  • Easy to buy
    Get quotes online in minutes or speak to experienced advisers for advice on the best cover for your business needs.
  • Tailor your cover to for your needs
    Combine your public liability cover with damage and theft cover for tools.
  • Optional Employers’ Liability
    Optional £10m of Employers’ Liability insurance, to protect against compensation for injury to staff.

Keep in Mind

  • Insurance covers are subject to the individual terms, conditions and exclusions of the insurer providing them. Always review the policy documentation supplied during the quote process to ensure you have the cover you need.
  • Employers’ Liability insurance is a legal requirement for almost every business that employs staff, including contractors, casual workers and volunteers. The legal minimum for cover is £5m.
  • To offer this insurance service, we work with Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited, one of the UK’s largest insurance brokers. Arthur J. Gallagher will search a panel of insurance providers for quotes tailored to your business’ insurance needs.
  • Property damage resulting from your work. An electrician drills through a water pipe, or a roofing company fails to leave the roof water tight, damaging a customer’s property.
  • Someone tripping, slipping or otherwise injuring him/herself in your work area. This can be a customer, member of the public, client or a contractor, but excludes your own employees.
  • Dropping something while working or if something falls without anyone touching it, such as a stack of heavy boxes, injuring or damaging a customer or his/her property.
  • Someone from your business accidentally spilling a drink over a client’s computer.

Employers’ Liability insurance can cover the cost of pay-outs if your business is sued by an employee for injury or illness caused by employers’ negligence. These typically include damage pay-outs, medical costs and loss of income. In case of death, policies cover claims made by the family of the deceased.

Find out more about Employers' Liability

Public Liability for Tradesmen & Self Employed

Complete our online form to compare quotes from a panel of insurers.

Compare Quotes

Need advice?

If you’re not sure what you need, call to speak to specialist advisers.

0345 377 0002Call telephone number 0345 377 0002

Lines available from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday

Question mark icon

Help and Guidance

Read our expert guides to help understand what Insurance you need to protect your business.

Retrieve a Quote

Log on to your account to retrieve your quotes.

Retrieve a Quote

Request a Callback

Complete our online form if you'd like us to call you back at a suitable time to discuss your needs.

Request a callback

Contact Directory

Whether you’re an existing customer or looking for the right contact.

Contact Directory