SEPA Direct Debits
To pay overseas clients regularly, SEPA Direct Debits are an easy and efficient solution. You can make direct debit payments in Euros to all Single European Payment Area (SEPA) countries – all European Union member states plus Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Monaco and San Marino.
There are two SEPA Direct Debit schemes:
- Core scheme – where the payer can be a consumer or a business.
- Business to Business (B2B) scheme - Debtor must be a business and not a consumer or micro-enterprise.*
Why use SEPA Direct Debits?
- A quick and convenient way to make repeat Euro payments.
- You know that the beneficiary will receive the full payment, on time.
- A single tool for making multiple payments across most of Europe.
- Payments can be debited to a current account denominated in Sterling or in Euros.
* Micro Enterprise: An enterprise which employs fewer than 10 persons and its annual turnover and/or annual balance sheet total does not exceed 2 million euro.
Set up a SEPA Direct Debit
Important legal information
Lloyds Bank plc. Registered office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales No. 2065. Lloyds Bank plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278. Telephone: 020 7626 1500
Calls may be monitored or recorded in case we need to check we have carried out your instructions correctly and to help improve our quality of service.
Eligible deposits with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). Please note that due to FSCS and FOS eligibility criteria not all business customers will be covered.