Activate your credit card
Setting up your credit card is easy, secure, and only takes a moment.
1. I'm not registered for Internet Banking, what are the benefits of this service?
Internet Banking is an easy, safe and convenient way to stay in control of your money. Join over 5 million Lloyds Bank customers already banking online.
Here are some of the benefits of Internet Banking:
- Feel Safe – You’re protected by our Fraud Guarantee
- Easy to use – It’s simple to register and support is always available
- Stay in control – Keep track of what's going in and coming out of your account at any time
- Save time – No queues or busy times. Bank anytime and anywhere with our Mobile Banking services.
2. How do I register for Internet Banking?
It's easy to register and takes about 5 minutes to complete.
- Enter your personal details
Name, date of birth, postcode and account details for one of your Lloyds Bank accounts.
- Choose a username and password
You will need access to a phone and we may need to send you an activation code in the post.
- Log on to Internet Banking
Log on using the username and password you’ve chosen.
3. Do I need to activate my replacement card?
You will not need to activate your replacement credit card, unless the sticker on the card asks you to do so.
4. How do I activate an additional card?
The main cardholder must activate any additional card, as the 16 digit credit card account number of the main cardholder is needed. You can activate the additional card online, by calling the number on the credit card sticker or you can pop into your local branch.
5. Do I need to activate my credit card before I can use it online?
Yes, for security purposes you need to activate your credit card before you can use it.
6. Can I personalise my PIN number?
Its easy to change your PIN to a number you already know – a memorable date, for instance. You can change your PIN at most UK cash machines. Just insert your card and using the PIN we've sent you, follow the on-screen instructions.
7. I've forgotten my PIN number?
If you’ve forgotten your PIN, you can get an instant reminder using our Mobile Banking app.
If you don’t have the app, you can find out how to download it here. If you’d prefer a paper reminder, you can request a PIN reminder which will be sent through the post. You’ll receive your reminder by post in 3-5 working days.
Just select one of the following options:
- Log on to Internet Banking - Use our replacement cards and PINs service by selecting it from the ‘More actions’ tools.
- Call us on: 0800 032 0444 or +44 2074 812 548 from outside the UK. We're available to take your call 7am - 11pm, seven days a week.
Please note: for security purposes, we can't tell you what you're PIN number is over the phone.
Important legal information
Lloyds Bank plc. Registered office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales No. 2065. Lloyds Bank plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278.
We may monitor or record telephone calls to check out your instructions correctly and to help us improve the quality of our service. Calls from abroad are charged according to the telephone service provider’s published tariff. Not all Telephone Banking services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please speak to an adviser for more information.