Section A – Card Purchase Cover
Limit per 365 day period
Limit per incident – up to 60 days from date of purchase
Single article minimum limit
This document is not a contract of insurance but summarises the benefits available to you provided the main cardholder has chosen to include this cover and you hold an eligible Lloyds Bank Plc MasterCard issued by Lloyds Bank Plc. The provision of those benefits is enabled by an insurance policy held by Lloyds Bank Plc and issued to Lloyds Bank Plc by Inter Partner Assistance S.A.
Lloyds Bank Plc is the only policyholder under the insurance policy and only Lloyds Bank Plc have direct rights under the policy against the insurer. This agreement does not give you direct rights under the policy of insurance. Strict compliance with the terms and conditions of this agreement is required if you are to receive its benefit.
The benefits summarised in this document are dependent upon you being a valid Lloyds Bank Plc MasterCard Cardholder issued by Lloyds Bank Plc at the time of any incident giving rise to a claim and the main cardholder has chosen to include this cover. Lloyds Bank Plc will give you notice if there are any material changes to these terms and conditions or if the policy supporting the benefits available under this agreement is cancelled or expires without renewal on equivalent terms.
This is your benefit guide and agreement with us. It contains details of benefits, conditions and exclusions relating to a Lloyds Bank Plc MasterCard and is the basis on which all claims you make will be settled.
Benefits under this agreement are underwritten by Inter Partner Assistance (IPA), whose registered branch office in Ireland is 10/11 Mary Street, Dublin 1, Ireland (company number 906006) and is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. IPA is a branch of Inter Partner Assistance SA, a Belgian firm of Avenue Louise, 166 bte1, 1050, Brussels, which is authorised by the National Bank of Belgium. Some of the services under this policy will be provided by IPA's’ agent, AXA Travel Insurance (company number 426087), of the same Ireland address. All companies are members of the AXA Assistance Group.
Lloyds Bank Plc, 25 Gresham St, London. EC2V 7HN.
Wherever the following words or phrases appear in bold in this Benefit Schedule they will have the meaning shown below (unless otherwise noted).
You / your / cardholder
– the main cardholder and any other holder(s) of a covered card.
You will only be covered if 100% of the total costs of the eligible items is charged to the covered card.
We / us / our
– Inter Partner Assistance, 10/11 Mary Street, Dublin 1, Ireland and/ or Inter Partner Assistance SA (IPA), Avenue Louise, 166 bte1, 1050, Brussels, Belgium and/ or its agent, AXA Travel Insurance. All companies are members of the AXA Assistance Group.
– the table listing the benefit amounts on page 1.
– an eligible Lloyds Bank Plc MasterCard issued by Lloyds Bank Plc, the card being valid and the account balance being paid as per the credit card agreement at the time of the incident.
– an item, purchased by the main cardholder and any other holder of a covered card solely for personal use (including gifts), which has been charged fully (100%) to the covered card and is not listed under what is not covered in this section.
– the individual listed as the main account holder in the account statement.
– the vanishing of an eligible item in an unexplained manner where there is an absence of evidence of a wrongful act by a person or persons.
Pair or set
– a number of items associated as being similar, complimentary forming part of a set or which are normally used together.
Period of cover
– eligible items purchased on or after 12th December 2016 will be covered. Under Section A - Card Purchase Cover, cover will end 60 days after the purchase date of the eligible item.
– the lower of the amounts shown on either the covered card billing statement or the store receipt for the eligible item.
– an act, including but not limited to the use of force or violence and/ or the threat thereof, of any person or group(s) of persons, whether acting alone or on behalf of or in connection with any organisation(s) or governments, committed for political, religious, ideological or similar purposes including the intention to influence any government and/ or to put the public, or any section of the public, in fear.
– when you or the recipient of the eligible item if given as a gift are not in full view of and not in a position to prevent unauthorised interference with the eligible item.
In the event of loss through theft and/or accidental damage to an eligible item within 60 days of purchase, we will, at our option, replace or repair the eligible item or credit the Cardholder account an amount not exceeding the purchase price of the eligible item, or the single item limit shown in the Benefit Table whichever is lower. We will not pay more than the amount shown in the Benefit Table for any one event, or more than the maximum amount shown in the Benefit Table in any one 365 day period.
You must comply with the following conditions in addition to the items listed under special conditions in Section A to have the full protection of the Benefit Schedule. If you do not comply we may at our option refuse to deal with your claim, or reduce the amount of any claim payment.
These exclusions apply throughout your Benefit Schedule in addition to the items listed under what is not covered in Section A. We will not pay for claims arising directly or indirectly from:
We make every effort to provide you with the highest standard of service. If on any occasion our service falls below the standard you would expect us to meet, the procedure below explains what you should do.
You can write to the Quality Manager, who will arrange an investigation on behalf of the General Manager, at: AXA Travel Insurance, Head of Customer Care, The Quadrangle, 106-118 Station Road, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 1PR, United Kingdom.
Or you may use e-mail:
Or telephone +44 (0)1737 815 227 (Monday – Friday 09:00-17:00)
If it is impossible to reach an agreement, you may have the right to make an appeal to the Financial Ombudsman Service by writing to: Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange Square, London, E14 9SR, United Kingdom; Or you can phone 0800 023 4567, free for people phoning from a ‘fixed line’ (for example, a landline at home), or 0300 123 9123, free for mobile phone users who pay a monthly charge for calls to numbers starting 01 or 02. Website: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
These procedures do not affect your right to take legal action.
In using these benefits you also agree we may:
We use advanced technology and well defined employee practices to help ensure that your information is processed promptly, accurately and completely and in accordance with applicable data protection law.
If you want to know what information is held about you by the AXA Assistance Group, please write to:
AXA Travel Insurance, Data Protection Officer, The Quadrangle, 106-118 Station Road, Redhill, RH1 1PR, United Kingdom.
There may be a charge for this service, as permitted by law. Any information which is found to be incorrect will be corrected promptly.
These benefits are included with your covered card, the benefits cannot be cancelled separately and the end of the period of cover will be notified to the main cardholder by Lloyds Bank Plc. If you cancel the covered card the cover will end and all benefits will stop from the cancellation date. Please see your Credit Card agreement for full details of how to cancel the covered card.
What is covered under Card Purchase Cover?
Card Purchase Cover gives you protection against theft and/ or accidental damage to an eligible item within 60 days of purchase. You must notify AXA Travel Insurance within 28 days of becoming aware of an incident or loss leading to a claim.
How long do I have Card Purchase Cover on my account for?
Card Purchase Cover will be available for you to claim on eligible items purchased on your credit card until 31st December 2017.
Can I extend my cover beyond 31st December 2017?
No. Lloyds Bank Plc are providing this benefit to you free of charge, up until 31st December 2017.
How do I opt in for Card Purchase Cover?
To opt in for Card Purchase Cover, please refer to the original email sent to you by Lloyds Bank Plc. Click on the ‘Opt In Now’ link before 11th January 2017 and it’s as easy as that. You will be directed to a confirmation page, and will be sent a confirmation email.
How do I make a claim on Card Purchase Cover?
Please make sure that you check what is, and is not covered, paying particular attention to any conditions, limitations and exclusions.
To make a claim, please contact Lloyds Bank on 0345 606 2172. Once Lloyds Bank have verified your details your call will be transferred to AXA Travel Insurance to obtain a claim form. You will need to give:
- your name,
- your covered card number,
- brief details of your claim.
You should notify AXA Travel Insurance within 28 days of you becoming aware of an incident or loss leading to a claim and you return your completed claim form and any additional information to us as soon as possible.
You must supply all of your original invoices, receipts and reports etc. You should check the section under which you are claiming for any specific conditions and details of any supporting evidence that you must give AXA Travel Insurance.
It is always advisable to keep copies of all the documents that you send to AXA Travel Insurance.
Who can claim on the Card Purchase Cover?
Eligible purchases made by the main cardholder and additional cardholders are covered under the policy, but only the main cardholder can submit the claim and must manage all claims processes.
Are purchases covered on all my Lloyds cards?
The credit card account that was referenced in the email offer is the only account covered by the Card Purchase Cover once you have opted in. The email you received communicating the benefits will display the last 4 digits of the credit card account that is eligible.
What isn’t covered by the policy?
Please read the full Terms and Conditions for details of what is not covered, the General Conditions and General Exclusions and other Important Information. Some key exclusions to be aware of are: