The form has been sent to our bereavement team. We’ll be in touch shortly to confirm receipt of the notification and to advise you of the next steps.
What happens now?
- The accounts in the deceased’s sole name will be frozen, no further payments will be allowed to go in or out.
- All standing orders and direct debits will be cancelled on the sole named accounts.
- All debit, savings and credit cards will be cancelled on the sole named accounts.
- Internet Banking access will be removed.
- Joint current and savings accounts can continue to be used by the surviving joint account holder.
- No more letters, emails or texts will be sent out in the name of the person who’s died. Keep in mind this may take up to six weeks to stop fully.
What do you need to do next?
As this is only the first step of the process, we’ll still need you to speak to us at a later date to continue the registration, or you can fill out our online registration form once you have evidence of death to complete the process.