High Risk Items exclusion
Your policy does not cover loss of or damage to High Risk Items as defined within your policy booklet under the section 'Words and phrases with special meanings’.
The cover restrictions in your policy booklet relating to periods of unoccupancy do not apply. Cover is however restricted as follows:
- Theft or attempted theft cover only applies if force and violence is used to enter or exit your home and is excluded totally if your home is unfurnished (i.e. does not have enough furniture for normal living purposes).
- Malicious damage or vandalism cover is excluded.
- Your policy does not cover loss of or damage to High Risk Items as defined in your policy booklet.
- If you have Buildings cover on your policy you are not insured for accidental damage to services.
- After the home is left unoccupied for 60 days in a row, it is a condition of your policy that the water, gas and electricity supplies shall be turned off at the mains and during the period 1st November to 31st March the water system (excluding the central heating system) drained. The electricity supply can remain on if it is required to power your household alarm system.
- Your home should also be inspected at least once a week.
- All locking devices and Intruder alarms, where installed, are put into operation.
You must notify us immediately if the period of unoccupancy that you have told us about changes.
If you do not follow these conditions, you will break a condition of your policy which may result in non-payment of all or part of your claim.