Features and benefits
- Home Emergency Cover provides a 24-hour helpline for help with sudden unexpected emergencies inside your home. This includes failure or breakdown of your main heating system, failure or damage to plumbing or drainage, and electric mains failure.
- In the event of an emergency you can call the helpline and they'll send out an approved tradesman. You're covered up to £1,000 per call out.
- Pay by Direct Debit without interest charges for only £3.30 a month or £39.60 annually – that’s less than 11p a day.
Keep in mind
- If making a claim, the event must be classed as an emergency. By emergency we mean something that makes your home unsafe or insecure, something that causes damage to your home and its contents, or something that would result in your home losing its main source of heating, lighting or water.
- Home Emergency Cover isn’t a servicing or maintenance policy so cover for routine home services or domestic appliance breakdowns isn’t included.
- Limits, terms and exclusions apply, please read our Policy Booklet (PDF) for details.
Before you claim, make sure the event is an emergency as described in the 'Keep in mind' section of this page. If it is, then:
- Call 0345 641 9793 within 48 hours of discovering the emergency
- give them your Lloyds Bank Home Emergency policy number
- tell them what’s happened.
They’ll then assess the situation and decide what sort of help you need.
Keep in mind you must call before making any arrangements yourself, as costs incurred can’t be reimbursed without prior agreement.
You can take out Home Emergency Cover at the same time as purchasing a new Home Insurance policy as an 'additional extra‘.
Please note: Home Emergency Cover can’t be added on to existing policies.
You can take out Home Emergency Cover when you purchase Home Insurance over the phone.
Lines are open 8am–6pm Mon–Fri, 8am–4pm Sat
Important legal information
Lloyds Bank plc. Registered office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales No. 2065. Lloyds Bank plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278.
Eligible deposits with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).