Inside content area, use arrow keys or tab to access content

Insurance for you and your rental property

If you’re a landlord with property to rent out, it’s important to protect your investment with insurance that will give you the cover you need.

We can help protect you and your rental property – whether you have a single buy-to-let or a portfolio, cover is available for both residential and commercial properties.

Icon of mouse.

Landlord insurance

Flexible cover online

Get cover for up to 5 residential properties on a single online policy.

  • Get a fast, easy quote and cover online
  • Insure up to 5 properties on one landlord policy
  • 50% of new customers who bought online paid £234 or less (January 2019 - July 2019)

Online policy is underwritten by RSA Insurance Group PLC.


Get a Landlord Insurance quote

Icon of headset

Landlord Insurance

Specialist advice

Best if you need advice from someone and would like competitive quotes from a panel of leading UK insurers.

  • Quotes sourced from a panel of leading insurers
  • Insurance specialists offering support and advice
  • Tailored quotes to get the cover you need

Call 0345 377 0006
Lines open 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday

To provide this service we work with Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited, one of the UK’s largest insurance brokers.

Choose the cover you need

Choosing the right cover means less stress, upset and hassle for both you and your tenants. Make sure you’re properly protected with landlord insurance.

Type of cover What is covered
Buildings If your property is damaged and has to be repaired or rebuilt due to an insured event such as vandalism or storms.
Landlord’s Contents Household items that you have provided for your tenants, such as soft furnishings or appliances, if they are damaged or destroyed by an insured event.
Property Owner’s Liability You are protected if a person is injured or if there is damage to their property as a result of your negligence.
Loss of Rent Your cash flow is protected if after an insured event such as a flood or fire, your tenants stop paying rent or have to move out. If your tenants do have to move out, the costs of arranging alternative accommodation on their behalf is also covered.
Accidental Damage Accidental damage to the building and its fixtures and fittings. For example, if you or your tenants accidentally smash a window or drop something and crack a sink.
Subsidence, Landslip and Heave Damage to your property as a result of a movement in the ground supporting your property.
Employers' Liability cover You are protected if an employee is injured or dies as a result of your negligence.
Legal Expenses Your legal expenses in proceedings such as contract disputes, debt recovery and evicting squatters.

The future of buy-to-let beyond 2018

Read our guide on the future of buy-to-let beyond 2018. Find out the steps you need to take to make the right decisions, find the right property and protect your investment.

Read our Guide

House icon

Landlord or Home insurance?

What's the difference between landlord and home insurance?

Read our guideon landlord or home insurance

Person icon

Top 10 tips for Landlords

10 things you need to know about being a landlord.

Learn moreon tips for landlords

Get a quote online

Get a competitive priced quote from one of the UK’s leading insurers. If you rent between 1 and 5 properties.

Get a quick quote online*

*Online policy is underwritten by RSA Insurance Online.

Please check you have all the cover you need by reading the policy documentation carefully (this will be provided during the quote process).

More than 5 properties or need advice?

If you are unsure or the cover you need, or have more than 5 properties or complex requirements, call on:

0345 377 0006Call telephone number 0345 377 0006

Lines available from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday.

Whether you ask for a Landlord insurance quote online (1-5 properties), need advice or have complex requirements (6+ properties), you’ll need the following details to hand:

  • Details of the property/properties to be insured.
  • Any claims you’ve previously made on the same property/properties.
  • Any security protection at the property/properties.
  • If you’re a business, how many employees you have and what kind of work they do.

Standard home insurance won’t cover the extra risks you face as a landlord. For example, what if a tenant is injured by falling roof tile at your property? Or a flood means they have to move out for a while – at your expense?

Please check you have all the cover you need by reading the policy documentation carefully (this will be provided during the quoting process).

Retrieve a Quote

Log on to your account to retrieve your quotes.

Retrieve a Quote

Request a Callback

Complete our online form if you'd like us to call you back at a suitable time to discuss your Landlord Insurance needs.

Request a callback

Contact Directory

Whether you are an existing customer or looking for the right contact.

Contact Directory