I am looking for:
What are the benefits of a TradePlan?
A TradePlan can help control the risk of investing and make the most of the rise and fall of the stock market, without having to keep a constant eye on the share pricesBack to top
What type of TradePlans do you offer?
- Limit Order - sets a price above which you will not buy, or below which you will not sell a stock.
- Stop Loss* - sets a price to sell shares which is lower than the current price. Stop Losses are usually used to protect you from sharp falls in a share price.
- Target Setting - a combination of a Limit Order to sell at a higher price than the current price, and a Stop Loss order to sell at a lower price than the current price. Target Setting can help you maximise profits when share prices rise and protect against losses when they fall.
- Range Trading - specify the prices which you wish to buy and sell a particular stock. It's a combination of two Limit Orders, one to buy shares at a lower price than the current price, and one to sell them at a higher price.
- Price Locking* - an in-built Stop Loss which automatically adjusts your stop price to lock in rises when shares climb to protect you from a sharp fall.
How do I set up a TradePlan?
You can find our TradePlans within the ‘Dealing’ section of the website once you’re logged in. You can amend or cancel a TradePlan order at anytime before it expires.
Please note, TradePlan is only available on CREST eligible UK investments.Back to top
Do you have a Stocks and Shares ISA or a SIPP?
If you set-up a TradePlan within our Stocks and Shares ISA or SIPP then we’ll waive the £2 set-up fee. The usual dealing commission will still apply on any completed order.Back to top
Important legal information
The Lloyds Bank Direct Investments Service is operated by Halifax Share Dealing Limited. Registered Office: Trinity Road, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX1 2RG. Registered in England and Wales no. 3195646. Halifax Share Dealing Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 183332. A Member of the London Stock Exchange and an HM Revenue & Customs Approved ISA Manager.