Lloyds Bank plc (“we”, “us” and “our”) has an active presence on a number of external social networks including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Our social media Terms and Conditions (terms) are intended to help ensure that we are able to engage with our customers and other users of our social media channels in a respectful environment.
Please read these terms carefully as your use of the social media channels referred to and accessible by clicking on the links on this webpage (our social media channels) indicates that you accept these terms. If there is any variation to these terms for a particular application or promotion through our social media channels, this will be explained in the relevant terms. If you disagree with any of these terms you should not access our social media channels. Facebook, Twitter and other external social networks have their own terms and conditions and you need to comply with those terms as well as ours.
We may amend these terms at any time. You should frequently check this webpage to review the current terms because they are binding on you. These terms were last updated in 2012.
1. While Lloyds Bank plc has official profiles on external social networks this does not mean that we endorse those networks or that we are responsible for their products or services.
2. If you access external social networks, you do so at your own risk and Lloyds Bank plc is not responsible for any losses or other damage you suffer as a result of its use.
Please don’t use our pages to discuss personal banking details or relationships in public. If you have a question about your account or our products please call us on 0345 300 0000.
4. Please be aware that:
(a) Our social media channels are public and any contribution you make will be available for anyone to see;
(b) Messages sent over the internet or via mobile applications may not be completely secure as they are subject to possible interception or loss or possible alteration. This is not within our control and so we are not responsible for them and will not be liable to you or anyone else for any damages or otherwise in connection with any message sent by you to us or any message sent by us to you over the internet or through a mobile application.
6. Our social media channels are directed at persons over the age of 16 years. You should not access our social media channels if you are below this age.
7. You may not use our social media channels for illegal purposes or otherwise misuse our social media channels (including, without limitation, by hacking, or in any way not permitted by these terms).
8. Our social media channels have been created to allow you to communicate with us and about us. You may share and comment on content that we post to our social media channels, provided that you do not amend it and that you cite us as the source. Unless otherwise stated, all trademarks, company names, logos and designs used on our social media channels are the intellectual property of Lloyds Bank plc (or our licensors). You must not copy these or misuse them in any way.
9. We will assume that any material you transmit or post to our social media channels is not confidential. We will have the right to freely use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish and/or distribute such material for any and all commercial and non-commercial purposes, including the publication of such content on our own website and on third party websites.
10. By submitting materials to our social media channels, you confirm that you are entitled to submit the information and that the information is accurate, not confidential, and not in violation of any contractual restrictions or other third party rights.
11. When posting content please be polite, respectful, relevant, accurate where stating facts and civil to others, even if your views differ. Your content must be your original work and comply with the law of England and Wales and any country from which it is posted.
12. You agree not to post or transmit any material:
(a) that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance, distress or inconvenience; or
(b) for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; or
(c) which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe that rights of any third party, in any country in the world; or
(d) which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
13. We reserve the right to moderate content posted to our social media channels. Where we moderate content before it is posted to our social media channels, we may, at our discretion, refrain from publishing certain material transmitted or posted by you. Similarly, where we moderate content after is it posted to our social media channels, we may choose to remove material transmitted or posted by you. For example, if we consider the material transmitted by you to be inappropriate for any reason, we may choose to refrain from posting this or delete this from the relevant social media channel(s) (although we shall not be required to do so). We shall be under no obligation to notify you of such decision. Further, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to all or any of our social media channels in the event that you fail to comply with these Terms. Please note, however, that sometimes it may not be possible to moderate our social media channels, that our social media channels may potentially be abused by third parties and therefore we cannot promise that no unsuitable third party content will appear on our social media channels.
14. You agree to compensate us fully if we suffer loss or damage as a result of your failure to abide by these terms.
15. While we want to be helpful and answer relevant questions from you, we do not provide legal, tax, investment or other specialist advice through our social media channels. If you require such advice, please contact 0345 300 0000, who will try to direct you to someone who can help, or an independent financial advisor. For the avoidance of doubt, neither the information, not any opinion contained on any of our social media constitutes a financial promotion (an invitation or inducement to engage in investment activity).
16. Our products and services which may be referred to on our social media channels are subject to eligibility criteria and other terms and conditions.
17. Unless otherwise specified, the information on our social media channels is not directed at anyone other than UK residents and applications from others for our products and services may not be accepted. The information contained on our social media channels may not satisfy the laws of any other country.
18. The language of our social media channels is English and contributions should be made in English. We are unable to respond to content in other languages. This may mean in some instances that we need to remove content if we cannot be certain of its content.
21. From time to time, we may at our discretion change, suspend or permanently withdraw all or part of our social media channels without prior notice in which case, of course, you are free to stop using them at any time. For example, we may do so if we are experiencing technical issues relating to our social media channels.
19. Links to third party websites or pages on our social media channels are provided solely for your convenience or as part of the nature of how external social networks operate. We have not reviewed these and do not control and are not responsible for such websites or their content or availability. We do not endorse or make any promises about them, or any material on these websites or pages nor any results that may be obtained from using them. Any access of third party content you choose to make is entirely at your own risk.
20. Links to downloadable software sites are for convenience only and we are not responsible or liable for any difficulties or consequences associated with downloading the software. Use of any downloaded software is governed by the terms of the license agreement, if any, which accompanies or is provided with the software.
22. The following clauses exclude or limit our legal liability for our social media channels. You should read them carefully. They all apply only as far as the law permits, and in particular we do not intend to affect our duties and liabilities to you under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, or the rules and regulations for the conduct of business under the Act, nor any rights you may have where you are a consumer including your right to receive a reasonable standard of service. For more information about your rights, you may contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau, Trading Standards Office or the Financial Conduct Authority.
23. Our social media channels may contain complex information. We have tried to make it as clear, easy to use and as accurate as possible. However we do not warrant that any content posted by us is accurate, complete, or up to date. We will have no liability to you if it is not.
24. We aim for open, respectful communication on the relevant topics within our social media channels. While, where possible, we do conduct some moderation, we do not control and are not liable for content posted by third parties. Any use or reliance on such content or materials posted is at your own risk. We do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy or reliability of any content posted by third parties. You understand that by using our social media channels, you may be exposed to content that might be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate, or in some cases, postings that have been mislabelled or are otherwise misleading. We will not be liable in any way for such content.
25. Please keep in mind that other users of our social media channels who provide content may claim expertise or standing that they do not, in fact, possess. You should give careful thought before following any advice posted by other users who are not verifiable as representing us.
26. No endorsement or approval of any third parties or their advice, opinions, information, content, products or services is expressed or implied by the display of information or advertisements by external social networks alongside our pages and we have no control over the content of such third party advertisements.
27. We are not responsible for: (i) losses not caused by our breach; (ii) failure to perform or provide any services where such failure is due to events beyond our control; (iii) indirect losses which are a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time of entering into these terms, for example loss of profits or loss of opportunity; (iv) loss or damage in connection with any third party website, applications or software linked from our social media channels; (v) loss or damage due to viruses or other harmful code which may infect your device.
28. Nothing in these terms shall exclude or limit our liability for:
(a) death or personal injury caused by negligence; or
(b) fraud; or
(c) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or
(d) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
29. If you breach these terms and we take no action against you, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these terms.
30. If any part of these terms is disallowed or found to be ineffective by any court or regulator, the other provisions shall continue to apply.
31. Our social media channels are directed at people in the UK and designed for use in the UK.
32. These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising in connection with these terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the relevant UK courts.
Lloyds Bank plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278. Authorisation can be checked on the Financial Services Register at www.fca.org.uk. Lloyds Bank plc is a member of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme and the Financial Ombudsman Service.
Lloyds Bank plc Registered Office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales No. 2065.