We can send text alerts about your accounts to your mobile phone. This gives you another way of keeping track of your finances. You will be automatically enrolled into this service if we have your up-to-date mobile number. You can check or update the number we have for you through internet banking, in a branch, or by calling us on 0345 300 0000 (+44 1733 347 007 from outside the UK).
Overdraft alerts can help you manage your finances and avoid charges. The alerts will remind you when you need to pay cleared funds into your current account. This can help you avoid going into an unarranged overdraft.
To help you minimise charges we’ll let you know by text when:
- You're about to use or you've started using your arranged overdraft.
- We’ve started to charge you for using an arranged overdraft.
To stop alerts, text STOPA to 61112 or to opt back in, text STARTA to the same number.
To help you manage your balance we’ll let you know by text when:
- You need to pay money into the account to cover a standing order.
- We refuse a payment.
- You’re about to use or have started using an unarranged overdraft.
To stop these alerts, text STOPU to 61112 or to opt back in, text STARTU to the same number.
Opting in and out of these alerts is free from a UK mobile number. You can stop all overdraft alerts by texting STOP to 61112 or to opt back in, text START to the same number. Stopping alerts may mean you incur avoidable costs. Your preference to opt in or out of alerts will be applied to all your accounts.
If you have a Youth / Islamic / Basic account, we will only send you unarranged overdraft alerts.
We will also send you text alerts when:
- When we are asked to change your phone number
- When you set up a new person or company to receive a payment or
- When we need to speak to you before we make a payment.
- When we suspect any fraud related activity
You cannot stop these alerts.
You can receive mobile alerts abroad, but please check with your service provider for any charges you may incur. If you have an international number registered with us, you may be charged when using the opt-out service.
If you opt-out you may miss important messages about your account so make sure you keep track of your balance and regularly check your statements through Mobile, Internet or Telephone Banking.
Our text alerts can help you manage your savings accounts. We’ll send text messages to your mobile phone once we have your up-to-date contact number. You can opt out of this service if you don’t want to receive these alerts. To do so, please send us a text message.
- To stop alerts about your savings account application, text ASTOP to 61119
- To stop alerts about your existing savings account, text BSTOP to 61119
You can opt back in to this service if you change your mind in the future. Please send us a text message to restart the alerts.
- To receive alerts about your savings account application, text ASTART to 61119
- To receive alerts about your existing savings account, text BSTART to 61119
Please check with your phone provider to see if you will be charged to send SMS messages.
Please note opting-out requests may take up-to 24 hours to be applied. During this time, you may still continue to receive SMS from us in relation to your savings account.
Banking with us is even better with the app
You can also use our Mobile Banking app to keep track of what's going in and coming out of your account at any time, including checking your balance and pending transactions. It's secure, convenient and free.
Order a replacement cheque book or a paying-in book from your mobile. It’s faster and easier than visiting a branch, and will only be charged at your standard network rate.
You don’t need to register for text alerts to place an Order Request. Follow the instructions below and we’ll send you a message back to let you know we’ve received it.
- Send a text to 61119
- Include these details:
- To order a cheque book: CHQ (space) your 6-digit sort code (space) your 8-digit account number. For example: ‘CHQ 123456 12345678’.
- To order a paying-in book: PIB (space) your 6-digit sort code (space) your 8-digit account number. For example: ‘PIB 123456 12345678’.
If we have any questions about your order we’ll send you a message asking you to resend the details.
Important legal information
Lloyds Bank plc. Registered office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales No. 2065. Lloyds Bank plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278.
Eligible deposits with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
We don’t charge you for Mobile Banking but your mobile operator may charge for some services, please check with them. Mobile alerts are sent throughout the day, 7 days a week including Bank Holidays. This is a free service for all eligible current account customers.
*Not all PhoneBank services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please speak to an advisor for more information.