LLOYDS BANK CURRENT ACCOUNT
The everyday current account for everyday banking
Switching with us
We can move your current account to a Lloyds Bank Classic Account in just seven working days. Your standing orders and Direct Debits will be automatically transferred to your new account. All you have to do is let us know the date you want to be switched and provide details of the account you want to switch from.
Current accounts and services are offered subject to your status. They are available only to personal customers who are aged over 18, are resident in the UK, and are either an EU national or have permission to stay in the UK for at least 12 months.
Current Account Switch Guarantee
We have designed the Current Account Switch Service to let you switch your current account from one bank or building society to another in a simple, reliable and stress-free way. It will only take seven working days. As your new current-account provider we offer the following guarantee.
- The service is free to use and you can choose and agree your switch date with us.
- We will take care of moving all your payments going out (for example, your Direct Debits and standing orders) and those coming in (for example, your salary).
- If you have money in your old account, we will transfer it to your new account on your switch date.
- We will arrange for payments accidentally made to your old account to be automatically redirected to your new account. We will also contact the sender and give them your new account details.
- If there are any issues in making the switch, we will contact you before your switch date.
- If anything goes wrong with the switch, as soon as we are told, we will refund any interest (paid or lost) and charges made on either your old or new current accounts as a result of this failure.
- Personal banking terms and conditions & Banking charges guideopens in a new window (pdf, 459.9 KB)
- Classic Account welcome packopens in a new window (pdf, 5.7 MB)
- Fee Information Documentopens in a new window (pdf, 169.1 KB)
- Club Offset Account Fee Information Documentopens in a new window (pdf, 180.3 KB)
- Current account ratesopens in a new window (web)
Fill in our simple online application form. We’ll just need a few bits of information, and you’ll need to be aged 18 years or over.
Call us on 0800 015 4000
Lines are open Monday - Friday 8am - 10pm, Saturday and Sunday 8am - 6pm.
Pop into any Lloyds Bank branch and our staff will be happy to help. In busier periods when staff may not be immediately available, we’ll be happy to book an appointment for a later date. You can also call 0345 300 0000 (+44 1733 347 007 from outside the UK) to book an appointment in advance. Lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you aren’t an existing Lloyds Bank current account holder, you’ll need to bring:
- Proof of identity (such as a passport or driving licence)
- Proof of address (such as a utility bill dated within the last 6 months)
You can apply for a Lloyds Bank Classic Account if:
- you’re aged 18 or older
Important legal information
Lloyds Bank plc. Registered office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales No. 2065. Lloyds Bank plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278.
We may monitor or record telephone calls to check out your instructions correctly and to help us improve the quality of our service. Calls from abroad are charged according to the telephone service provider’s published tariff. Not all Telephone Banking services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please speak to an adviser for more information.
Money Manager is provided to help you manage your personal finances and is not intended to provide legal, tax or financial advice. Personal Internet Banking customers only. Terms and conditions apply. Mobile Banking services may be affected by phone signal and functionality. Must be registered for Internet Banking. Terms and conditions apply.
Account opening is subject to our assessment of your circumstances. You must be 18 or over to apply.
Overdrafts are repayable in full on demand. View Arranged Overdraft borrowing fees.
PhoneBank® is a registered trademark of Lloyds Bank plc.
Cashpoint is a registered trademark of Lloyds Bank plc.
Save the Change® is a registered trademark of Lloyds Bank plc.
You need to register for Internet Banking, PhoneBank® and Mobile Banking. Terms and conditions apply.
Club Lloyds Lifestyle Benefits are administered by Grass Roots Group UK Limited, on behalf of Lloyds Bank. The benefits available for selection may be changed or updated from time to time.