Access your money when you need it, with the tools to help you stay on top of your finances, giving you the freedom to concentrate on more important things.
Our accounts come with the following great features
- Contactless and mobile payments - get a VISA debit contactless card and use Apple or Google Pay to make mobile payments.
- Mobile Banking app and Internet Banking - both highly secure and packed with features to make banking fast and convenient, wherever you are.
- Mobile alerts - to help you keep track of your money.
- Overdraft facility available - all overdrafts are subject to our assessment of your circumstances, and are repayable on demand.
- Get up to 15% cashback - earn cashback with Everyday Offers when you pay by credit/debit card or Direct Debit with selected retailers. Merchant offers and cashback amounts vary. Internet Banking registration required. T&Cs apply.
- Save the Change® - round your card payments up to the nearest pound to save as you spend.
Choose the best current account for you
From no frills, everyday banking, to accounts packed with extra benefits for a monthly fee - we've got the right account for you.
Get the best of both Club Lloyds and Platinum Accounts
- £21 monthly fee for maintaining the account
- £3 monthly Club Lloyds fee, but we’ll refund this every month in which you pay in £1,500 or more.
- Earn interest on your money - on balances up to £5,000, when you pay out two different Direct Debits each month
- Choose a Club Lloyds benefit each year
- AA breakdown cover
- Mobile phone insurance
- Worldwide multi-trip family travel insurance
Opening a current account with Lloyds is quick and easy online. We’ll just need a few details from you as part of your application.
- Proof of identity - your driving license or passport
- Personal details - this includes your date of birth, nationality, and marriage status
- Your address - current home address and how long you have lived there
- Contact details - your phone number and your email address
- Income - how much money you earn each month
- Employment - we’ll need to know what your job is
- Outgoings - we might need to know how much money you spend on bills, like mortgages and rent
You can have as many current accounts as you like. There is no official limit on how many you can open and use at once.
Yes. You can do this at a Lloyds Bank branch or at Post Office ® branches nationwide.
When you open a new current account it could mean a slight change in credit score. This change is temporary.
To open a current account you need to be 18 or over and living in the UK. Or, an EU national or have the right to stay in the UK for at least 12 months.
Independent service quality survey results
Personal Current Accounts
Published August 2021
As part of a regulatory requirement, an independent survey was conducted to ask approximately 1,000 customers of each of the 17 largest personal current account providers if they would recommend their provider to friends and family. The results represent the view of customers who took part in the survey.
Overall service quality
We asked customers how likely they would be to recommend their personal current account provider to friends and family.
Apple Pay is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries.
Android Pay is a trademark of Google Inc
The Mobile Banking app is available to Internet Banking customers with a UK personal account and valid registered phone number. Our app is available on devices running iOS or Android. (the app is not compatible with some older versions of the operating systems – check the App Store or Google Play for more details). Our app does not work on jailbroken or rooted devices. Device registration required. Terms and conditions apply. Mobile Banking services may be affected by phone signal.