LLOYDS BANK CURRENT ACCOUNT
This account is no longer available for new customers. The monthly maintaining the account fee for existing Silver Account holders is £12.95.
With cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) being diagnosed in various countries, customers have been contacting AXA and Lloyds Bank to understand how their travel insurance is impacted. You should monitor the situation through official sources such as the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and the World Health Organisation (WHO).
It is important to note that if you book a holiday after 18 March 2020, your policy will not cover any trip under the ‘Cancellation or curtailment charges and early return’ section in relation to coronavirus. AXA will continue to cover medical costs if you become ill in a country or region the FCO hasn’t advised against visiting.
Features and Benefits
- European and UK travel insurance
Up to 65 years of age, cover for you and your family (if eligible) for up to 45 consecutive days per trip (for Winter Sports maximum 31 days cover in any calendar year).
- Breakdown cover
UK Roadside Assistance whether you’re in your own vehicle or someone else’s.
- Mobile phone insurance
Worldwide cover for loss, theft, damage and breakdown (including faults).
- Arranged Overdraft
You can apply for an Arranged Overdraft where up to the first £50 is fee-free.
- Card Loss Assistance
Help for when your credit, debit and store cards get lost or stolen. You can register the cards of your family if they live with you.
Keep in mind
- This account is no longer available for new customers.
Existing Silver Account holders can still take advantage of the benefits and features below.
- Monthly maintaining the account fee
The Silver Account has a monthly maintaining the account fee of £12.95.
- Conditions and exclusions
Breakdown cover, mobile phone insurance, and Card Loss Assistance come with individual terms and conditions and limitationsGo to the Silver Added Value benefits in full section for full details. PDF opens in new tab.
- Arranged Overdraft
All Arranged Overdraft applications are subject to approval after our assessment of your circumstances.
If you use an Arranged Overdraft of £1,200 on your Silver Account, then we’ll charge you a daily arranged overdraft fee of £1.91. For Silver Accounts, the daily arranged overdraft fee on the first £50 is 0p.
AXA European and UK travel insurance
- AXA European travel insurance including Winter Sports for you and your family (if eligible), for up to 45 consecutive days per trip (for Winter Sports maximum 31 days cover in any calendar year).
- There is no limit on the number of trips each year.
- Covers UK leisure travel when 2 or more consecutive nights accommodation is booked. All cover ceases on the account holders 65th birthday - so long as the account holder is under 65 their spouse, partner or civil partner will also be covered until they reach 65. Children must be under 18 or under 24 if in full time education and must travel with the account holder, spouse partner or civil partner or a responsible adult.
- Your cover is comprehensive, and includes:
- Emergency medical cover (up to £10,000,000).
- Cancellation or curtailment cover (up to £5,000).
- Personal accident cover (up to £30,000).
- Baggage cover (up to £2,500 (valuables up to £500 in total)).
- Travel disruption cover (up to £5,000).
£40 excess may apply.
Keep in mind the cover is provided only if you will be living in the United Kingdom for at least six months during each 12 month period.
Claims and assistance
If you’re abroad and you need assistance, you can call our 24-hour assistance helpline on +44 1633 815 819.
AA Breakdown Cover
- Roadside Assistance: assistance at the roadside if you’ve broken down more than a quarter of a mile from home. If your vehicle can’t be fixed at the roadside, you’ll be taken to the AA’s choice of relevant local repairer or local destination of your choice, provided it is no further.
- Accident Management: the AA assists you in arranging the repair, recovery and claim processing for vehicles following an accident or vandalism where you’re claiming under your motor insurance.
Assistance and emergencies
Mobile phone insurance
Your insurance, administered by Lifestyle Services Group Limited (LSG) and underwritten by Assurant General Insurance Limited, covers one phone for sole Silver Account holders, and two phones for joint accounts.
- It covers phones worldwide up to a maximum individual value of £2,000, including VAT.
- It covers the cost of replacing the phone in the event of loss or theft or the cost of repairing (or replacing where the phone cannot be repaired).
- It covers the cost of unauthorised network charges (calls, data, etc.) from the point your mobile phone is lost or stolen and for up to 24 hours after discovery of the loss or theft made up to £1,500 including VAT for contract phones, and up to £450 including VAT for prepay phones.
Keep in mind unauthorised network charges are only covered in the event of a successful loss/theft claim.
Keep in mind you’ll need to pay a contribution of £100 each time you make a successful claim (this is the excess).
Keep in mind there is no cover where you have knowingly put your mobile phone at risk or you have not taken care of it. See policy document for examples of this.
Silver Account customers automatically receive mobile phone insurance. However it’s recommended that you register your phone details with us as it may help simplify the process for any claims you might have to make in the future. Call Silver Membership Services on 0345 603 1839 or follow these steps to register your mobile phone through Internet Banking:
- Log on to Internet Banking
- Select the ‘More actions’ button on your Silver Account
- Then select ‘View account benefits’ found under the ‘Account information and benefits menu’
- You can register your phone under the ‘Mobile phone insurance’ section
Card Loss Assistance
Card Loss Assistance is provided by Citymain Administrators Ltd. Registered in England and Wales company number 03979666. Registered office: Enterprise House, Isambard Brunel Road, Portsmouth, PO1 2RX.
Keep in mind no insurance cover is included with this service which means it does not provide any cover for any financial loss incurred due to the loss or theft of cards.
- With one call day or night to 0345 603 1839. Citymain can request card issuers cancel all financial cards and issue replacements.
- You can register the cards for your family if they live with you.
- You can also securely register your passport and driving licence numbers with Citymain for easy access should you lose them.
- Please note contact in relation to this service can only be made by the account holder.
We recommend you register your cards with Card Loss Assistance. Call Silver Membership Services on 0345 603 1839.
- Personal banking terms and conditions & Banking charges guideopens in a new tab. (pdf, 405.2 KB)
- Added Value Account Welcome Packopens in a new tab. (pdf, 2.7 MB)
- Fee Information Documentopens in a new tab. (pdf, 154.6 KB)
- Club Lloyds Silver Account Fee Information Documentopens in a new tab. (pdf, 155.1 KB)
- Current account ratesopens in a new tab. (web)
Important legal information
Lloyds Bank plc. Registered office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales No. 2065. Lloyds Bank plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278.
We may monitor or record telephone calls to check out your instructions correctly and to help us improve the quality of our service. Calls from abroad are charged according to the telephone service provider’s published tariff. Not all Telephone Banking services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please speak to an adviser for more information.
Account opening is subject to our assessment of your circumstances. You must be 18 or over to apply.
Overdrafts are repayable in full on demand. View Arranged Overdraft borrowing fees.
To be eligible for the switcher fee-free offer you must be accepted for an Arranged Overdraft on your Lloyds Bank account, have not had the offer in the last 12 months on your account, and complete a switcher application to switch your account to Lloyds Bank.