Loan for buying a car
Discover the benefits of a car loan
Discover if a car loan could help you take home your first car, trade up to a better model or invest in the classic vehicle of your dreams.
If you are thinking about buying a car with a car loan, a Lloyds Bank Personal Loan could offer you the flexibility you need.
With a Personal Loan, you can buy your car upfront from your choice of dealer or private seller, which means you’re free to modify or sell your vehicle if you wish. You can also choose how long you borrow the money for, so payments fit your budget.
Personal Loan features and benefits
- You could receive a rate of 3.9% APR RepresentativeAPRAPR stands for the Annual Percentage Rate of charge. You can use it to compare different credit and loan offers. We will tell you the APR for your loan or credit card before you sign an agreement. if you borrow £7,500 – £25,000 over one to five years. Note: the maximum APR you could be offered is 29.9% APR depending on your circumstances.
- You could choose to borrow from £1,000 – £50,000 over one to seven years; different rates apply.
- You can manage your loan via Internet Banking, in our Mobile App, in branch or over the phone.
- You’ll receive an instant decision on your online loan application.Credit ScoreYour history with credit is summarised into your credit score. Having a long history of paying your loans, bills and credit cards on time means you’re more likely to have a high credit score. Missing payments or defaulting on loans, borrowing and bills is likely to result in a lower score. When you apply for a loan or credit card, the financial institution will look at your credit score to see how risky the deal would be for them. They use this information to help decide whether to offer you credit, and if so, what kind of interest rate and terms you'll receive.
- Flexibility on how you pay, as you can make additional payments without penalty.
- You can apply for up to two payment holidays, of one month, in a rolling 12-month period, subject to approval.
Keep in mind
- Our Personal Loans are only available online to existing Lloyds Bank customers who have held a Current Account for at least one month. Or, if you have a credit card, mortgage or existing loan with us you can apply over the phone.
- How much we lend and the rate available are subject to our assessment of your personal circumstances.
- Payment holidays are available if you meet certain conditions. This would mean interest is charged for a longer period, so you'll pay more over the term of the loan.
- If you settle the Personal Loan early, we will charge up to 58 days' interest.
- If you’re looking to borrow money, it’s important that you make the right choice for your circumstances. Other borrowing options may be suitable for your needs.
- We will not offer a loan for any of these reasons.
When you review your budget, you’ll need to consider other costs associated with owning a car. These can include insurance, servicing, MOT, fuel and breakdown cover.
You’ll also need to decide if you want to buy a new or a used car. Read our helpful tips on buying your next car with our Car Buyers’ Guides.
We want you to find a product that’s right for your circumstances, which is why we adhere to the Standards of Lending Practice, which are monitored and enforced by the Lending Standards Board.
Important legal information
Lloyds Bank plc. Registered office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales No. 2065. Lloyds Bank plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278.
Eligible deposits with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
How much we lend and the rate available are subject to our assessment of your circumstances. You must be 18 years of age or over and a UK resident. You must have had a Lloyds Bank current account for at least one month.