Thinking about improving your home, buying a car or reorganising your finances? If you already have a Lloyds Bank loan, you may be able to borrow more.
Features and benefits
- You could receive a rate as low as 3.9% APR RepresentativeAPR stands for the Annual Percentage Rate of charge. You can use it to compare different credit and loan offers. We will tell you the APR for your loan or credit card before you sign an agreement. if you borrow £7,500 – £25,000 over one to five years.
- Wide range of borrowing options: choose to borrow £1,000 – £35,000 over one to seven years.
- You have flexible repaymentRepaymentWith a loan, we give you a sum of money up front and each month after that you pay back some of what you owe. That monthly sum is called your repayment. With our personal loans, your repayments are fixed. That means you’ll owe the same amount each month for the entire life of your loan. options, so you can make additional payments whenever you want free of charge.
- Instant money in your account. Apply online to have funds immediately transferred to your bank account between 9am–8:30pm, or before 9am the following day.
- Get a personalised quote with no credit footprintCredit footprintYour history with credit is summarised into your credit rating. Having a long history of paying your loans, bills and credit cards on time means you’ll have a high credit rating. Missing payments or defaulting on loans, borrowing and bills results in a lower score. When you apply for a loan or credit card, the financial institution will look at your credit rating to see how risky the deal would be for them. They use this information to help decide whether to offer you credit, and if so, what kind of interest rate and terms you'll receive.
- You have the option to apply for up to two repayment holidays of one month in a rolling 12 month period, subject to approval.
- You can also apply online or over the phone.
Keep in mind
- You can only apply to borrow more if you have an existing Lloyds Bank loan.
- How much we lend and the rate available are subject to our assessment of your circumstances.
- Repayment holidays are available if you meet certain conditions. Interest will be charged if you take a repayment holiday, so you'll pay more interest overall and your original term will be extended.
- If you’re looking to borrow money, it’s important that you make the right choice for your circumstances. Other borrowing options may be suitable for your needs.
- If you refinance any existing debts you may pay a higher rate of interest or make repayments over a longer term. This means that you may pay more interest overall.
- We will not offer a loan for any of these reasons.
Get an extra helping hand
If you already have a Lloyds Bank loan, you may be able to borrow more. How much we lend and the rate available are subject to our assessment of your circumstances.
If you choose to borrow more, you have the option to either completely replace your current loan with a new, larger loan, or take out a second loan.
This combines your existing loan and new borrowing into a single monthly repayment. This option also allows you to set a new repayment term, as long as it’s a year or longer. If you choose this option, your existing loan is automatically closed as part of the process.
Your new loan could be charged at a higher interest rate than your existing one and your loan term may be longer. There may be a charge to settle your current loan early – but it won’t be more than 58 days’ interest and we’ll tell you how much it’ll be when you apply. There’s no early settlement adjustment if you hold an existing Flexible Loan. However, there might be early settlement adjustments on our other loan products: see managing your loan for more details.
If you choose to combine your existing and new borrowing, you’ll need to take out at least an extra £1,000. The total of your new and existing loan can be up to £35,000.
If you want to combine more than one Lloyds Bank loan or want to consolidate other debts visit your nearest branch for more information or call us on 0800 096 1356. Lines are open 8am-10pm, 7 days a week.
Opening a separate loan
You can borrow more by taking out a separate loan. Each loan will have its own term and monthly repayment amount. With this option, you keep your existing loan running and take out a separate loan, paying each loan separately.
If you're registered for Internet Banking and you've been an existing Lloyds Bank current account holder for at least one month, you can get a personalised quote and a decision in just minutes.
If you hold a Lloyds Bank Current Account, call us on:
Lines are open 8am–10pm seven days a week.
Important legal information
Lloyds Bank plc. Registered office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales No. 2065. Lloyds Bank plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278.
Eligible deposits with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).