Our business bank accounts
Community bank accounts
Why open a business bank account with us?
Business bank accounts you can trust
We’ve been by the side of British businesses for over 250 years. Today, we help more than a million1 people take care of their business finances. So when you open an account with us, you know you’re in safe hands.
Digital business banking
Best Service from a Business Bank
Moneyfacts Business Awards 2022
Business Start-Up Bank of the Year
Moneyfacts Business Awards 2022
Business Bank of the Year
FDs’ Excellence Awards 2005 - 2021
Supporting UK Businesses
“With the Bank’s support over the last decade, we’ve been able to adapt and expand to become the business we are today.”
Business account cards
To set up your business account, you’ll need:
- a copy or photograph of your signature
- A UK driving licence or passport (Proving your identity)
- the name, date of birth and three-year personal address history (including month and year of moving dates), mobile number and email address for everyone connected to the account.
- your business name, address, details of your activities and estimated annual turnover
- For limited company accounts, companies house must be up to date before we can progress an application. Please allow 3 days from the date of Companies House registration before applying online or over the phone.
If you run a small business, there are various benefits to having a business bank account with Lloyds Bank:
- Separate business from personal transactions to make business accounting easier.
- Access expert resources and support to grow your business skills.
- Manage your accounts using online business banking.
Yes, we have different accounts to suit the size and nature of your business. Businesses with up to £3 million in annual turnover can apply for our small business and start-up account.
Once you’ve completed your application, we’ll aim to process it as soon as possible to get you up and running. We’ll be in touch if we need any further information from you.
Other products you may be interested in
1 Lloyds Banking Group PLC – 2021 Annual Report
* Free day-to-day business banking for 12 months applies to small businesses, including individuals setting up their first business bank account, and includes:
- electronic payments
- deposits and withdrawals.
All we ask is that you operate your account in credit or within agreed limits.
Free electronic payments include:
- UK sterling direct debits
- standing orders
- debit card transactions
- Lloyds Bank/Other Bank ATM Withdrawals as indicated
- Internet/Phonebank Debits/Credits
- Faster Payments debits and credits
- internet bulk payments
- automated credits.
Independent service quality survey results
Business current accounts
Published August 2023
As part of a regulatory requirement, an independent survey was conducted to ask approximately 1,200 customers of each of the 15 largest business current account providers if they would recommend their provider to other small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs*). The results represent the view of customers who took part in the survey.
Overall service quality
We asked customers how likely they would be to recommend their business current account provider to other SMEs.
*SMEs include businesses, clubs, charities and societies with an annual turnover/income of up to £25m (exclusive of VAT and other turnover-related taxes).