Lending Support and Standards
As your business grows, it can benefit from tailored lending and guidance. We will support your business throughout the application process.
We also follow lending standards and principles to ensure you’re treated fairly.
- Our appeals process enables your business to pursue your application if you believe it has been wrongly declined or where we have agreed your request but there are conditions of sanction that you are unhappy with.
- We adhere to Standards of Lending Practice, which are monitored and enforced by the LSB: www.lendingstandardsboard.org.uk.
- The Standards for business customers apply to businesses/organisations, which at the point of lending;
- have a consolidated turnover of up to £25m, and;
- Which does not have a complex ownership structure.
To find out more you can read the statement of responsibilities (PDF, 58KB), which details what’s expected of us, the lender and you the borrower.
If your business has an annual turnover of more than £6.5m, we follow the Lending Principles (PDF, 703KB) which are a further set of standards that you can expect from us.
How we can help your business
Your business can:
- Get help and information on a range of topics – from establishing a business to operating globally.
- Use our finance application checklist, which details the type of information we may ask you for to support your lending application.
- Try Mentor SME, a free online service that helps you locate local mentoring to suit your business needs – from start-up to succession planning.
- Source other forms of lending by talking to our business management team.
ANY PROPERTY GIVEN AS SECURITY, WHICH MAY INCLUDE YOUR HOME, MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE OR OTHER DEBTS SECURED ON IT.
Overdrafts are repayable on demand.
All lending is subject to a satisfactory credit assessment and we will need your permission to carry out a credit check on you and your business.
You should not apply for an amount that you cannot comfortably afford to repay now and in the future to avoid the possibility of legal action.
All lending is subject to status. Security may be required.
Important Legal Information
Calls may be monitored or recorded in case we need to check we have carried out your instructions correctly and to help improve our quality of service.
The products and services outlined on this site may be offered by legal entities from across Lloyds Banking Group, including Lloyds Bank plc and Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc. Lloyds Bank plc and Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc are separate legal entities within the Lloyds Banking Group.
Lloyds Bank is a trading name of Lloyds Bank plc, Bank of Scotland plc and Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc. Lloyds Bank plc. Registered Office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales no.2065. Bank of Scotland plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland no. SC327000. Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc. Registered office 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales no. 10399850. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278, 169628 and 763256 respectively.
We adhere to The Standards of Lending Practice which are monitored and enforced by the LSB: www.lendingstandardsboard.org.uk.
Eligible deposits with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). Please note that due to FSCS and FOS eligibility criteria not all business customers will be covered.