We’re here to help you feel more in control of your money.
Why telling us can help
At some time in our lives, many of us experience mental health conditions. Sometimes this can make it hard to deal with money or your finances could be affecting your mental health. At these times, we can help you with added support.
Any information you give us about your mental health is confidential and we will only ever use it to help you. It won’t affect any products or services you have or take with us.
We will listen to your needs and work with you to see what we can do to help.
We have partnered with the Money and Mental Health Policy Institute and have achieved the Essentials level in their Mental Health Accessible Programme. This means we have taken action to improve the accessibility of our services to people experiencing mental health conditions. You can contact Mental Health UK who can also provide information and help too.
How we can make banking easier
Support if you're worried about the cost of living
Worrying about money can impact your mental health. If you find you are starting to worry about your finances, you’re not alone – we are here to help.
Getting in control of your day-to-day finances could help ease the pressure. We have tips and tools which can help you.
Many life events can have an effect on your mental health. Our life events page has useful help when you face these difficult times.
How other organisations can help you
Mental Health UK
- Brings together the experience of four charities who’ve been supporting people with their mental health for nearly 50 years.
- Provides support and services for the challenges that pose a threat to people’s mental health.
- Helps with understanding mental health and money issues, loneliness and isolation, young people’s resilience and more.
- UK-wide programme, which supports young people’s mental health resilience.
- It equips young people with the tools and knowledge to support their mental health through life’s transitions.
- Their resource library helps young people engage in conversations about mental health, emotional wellbeing and resilience.
- Advice and support for coping with financial worries.
- Tips on how to survive financial stress, such as facing your fears and not giving up on your daily routine.
- If you live in Wales outside of the areas currently covered by the NHS 111 service, you can get from NHS Direct Wales. Call 0845 46 47.
Calls and online sessions may be monitored and recorded. Not all Telephone Banking services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To use our Mobile Banking app you need to have a valid phone number registered to your account. Available to UK personal Internet Banking customers and Internet Banking customers with accounts held in Jersey, the Bailiwick of Guernsey or the Isle of Man. Our app is available to iPhone and Android users only and minimum operating systems apply, so check the App Store or Google Play for details. Device registration required. The app doesn’t work on jailbroken or rooted devices. Terms and conditions apply.