Car Finance help & guidance
Read our handy guides and frequently asked questions. You’ll also find helpful information on how to manage your car finance account online and how to get in touch with us.
Buying an electric car guide
If you’re thinking of going electric with your next vehicle, it’s good to know what the facts are before you start.
Our handy guide covers:
- the difference between electric and hybrid cars
- the features and benefits of electric and hybrid cars
- the car finance costs of electric and hybrid cars
- what to expect on a test drive
- frequently asked questions
Car buyers’ guide
When it comes to making a big purchase like a car, doing research up front could save you money in the future.
Our guide covers things to consider when choosing the right car.
- affordability and car finance options available
- purchasing a new or second hand car
- what type of car is best suited to your needs
- hints and tips on how to check the car over
- what to expect when purchasing the car.
Good condition guide
At the end of your agreement you may choose to return your vehicle. Throughout your agreement you must keep the vehicle in good condition allowing for fair wear and tear.
Our guide explains:
- what to expect at the end of your contract
- servicing and repairs of your car
- what is reasonable wear and tear
- how to carry out an inspection on your car
- what needs to be included when you return your car.
If you’ve been financially affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we have support available.
Customers can request a payment holiday. We can also provide details about what options you have with your car finance agreement and managing your account online.
Getting in touch with us
If you'd prefer to speak to us over the phone, our UK-based team are here to help.
We can discuss your specific car finance needs, make changes to your account and answer any queries you may have.
Call us on +44 (0)333 202 7946
Lines are open 9am-5pm Monday to Friday, 9am-1pm Saturday and closed Sunday.
If you’re already a Lloyds Bank Car Finance customer you can find out more about how to access your account online.
You will also find helpful information on the type of changes you can make to your account online. Including changing your personal details and making payments.
Important legal information
Lloyds Bank plc. Registered office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales No. 2065. Lloyds Bank plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278.
Eligible deposits with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).