Business Account for Switchers
We’re committed to helping British businesses achieve their potential. That’s why we make it easy for you to join us and get the tailored support you need. Switching to us now takes just seven working days.
- arrange for your old bank to close your previous account and transfer any credit balance to your new Lloyds Bank account
- transfer all incoming and outgoing payments within the seven working day guarantee
- redirect all payments to and from your old account to your new account for at least three years
- refund you for any interest or charges incurred on your old or new account as a result of an unlikely delay caused by us1.
- specify the payments you would like us to transfer
- ask us to transfer any outstanding credit and/or debit balance from your old account
- choose whether or not you’d like us to arrange for your old bank to close your previous account.
You won’t need to change your account even when your business grows or your needs change. We can offer you:
- support from a relationship manager
- access to the largest branch network of any bank in the UK
- an internet banking service, giving you account information seven days a week
- mobile updates on your Online for Business account balance through our text alert services
- phone banking so you can speak to a business advisor
- cheque books, direct debits, standing orders, regular statements.
To apply for a Business Account for Switchers, you should:
- require the account for business use
- be a sole trader, partner or director
- be aged 18 or over.
1 This doesn’t cover charges or interest resulting from required tasks you or your old bank do not complete.
Important Legal Information
Lloyds Bank is a trading name of Lloyds Bank plc, Bank of Scotland plc and Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc. Lloyds Bank plc. Registered Office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales no.2065. Bank of Scotland plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland no. SC327000. Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc. Registered office 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales no. 10399850. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278, 169628 and 763256 respectively.
The products and services outlined on this site may be offered by legal entities from across Lloyds Banking Group, including Lloyds Bank plc and Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc. Lloyds Bank plc and Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc are separate legal entities within the Lloyds Banking Group.
Calls may be monitored or recorded in case we need to check we have carried out your instructions correctly and to help improve our quality of service.
Eligible deposits with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). Please note that due to FSCS and FOS eligibility criteria not all business customers will be covered.