Professional Indemnity Insurance
The right insurance helps your business run smoothly. We make it quick and simple to get you the cover you need. Professional Indemnity (PI) or Indemnity Insurance will help protect your business against allegations about your service or the advice you provide.
We work with Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited, who are part of one of the largest insurance broking groups in the world. It provides property owners with the comprehensive cover they need.
Features and Benefits
- Compare quotes from our panel
Receive competitive quotes from a panel of leading insurers, saving you time and hassle.
- Easy to buy
The right insurance helps your business run smoothly. We make it quick and simple to get you the cover you need - get quotes online in minutes.
- Protect your business
If you give advice or offer a professional service, you may need professional indemnity insurance. This insurance protects you against the costs involved with giving wrong, negligent or misleading advice. Even if the mistake was not yours, it can be costly to defend these claims.
Keep in mind
- To offer this insurance service, we work with Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited, one of the UK’s largest insurance brokers. Arthur J. Gallagher will search a panel of insurance providers for quotes tailored to your business’ insurance needs.
- Insurance covers are subject to the individual terms, conditions and exclusions of the insurer providing them. Always review the policy documentation supplied during the quote process to ensure you have the cover you need.
- For some professions or contracts, professional indemnity insurance (PI) is a requirement. You may also be required to have PI to get membership with certain industry bodies and trade associations.
This type of policy is designed for businesses or professionals that offer a service, provide advice, or handle data and intellectual property. For some professions or contracts, professional indemnity insurance (PI) is a requirement. You may be required to have PI Insurance to get membership with certain industry bodies and trade associations.
We have policies specifically designed to comply with industry requirements for these professions:
- Information technology professionals
- Insurance brokers
- Management consultants
- Marketing and communications professionals
- Media professionals
- Losing or misplacing confidential documents.
- Accidentally sending an email to an unauthorised person, leading to your client suing you for breach of confidentiality.
- Using a copyrighted image or photo without getting the appropriate rights or licence.
- Advising a client regarding the transfer of funds to family members, and the client later becoming liable for paying capital gains tax.
- Failing to carry out a required audit.
Engineers and tradesmen
- Making a mistake in measurements that results in additional costs to rebuild, or causes damage during or after construction.
- Installing lighting that is later found to be non-compliant with regulation, and therefore needs to be redone.
- Designing a machine that proves inadequate to cope with the weight of items it is meant to produce.
- Designing and running a direct marketing campaign, where the brochures were wrongly addressed. The client claims damages for loss of revenue.
- Creating work using the wrong Pantone colour for the client’s logo, with client claiming costs to reproduce the work.
- A client claiming that you undersold a property, and several months later it’s resold for 120% of the previous price.
- A surveyor forecasts cost for the construction of a number of restaurants at the start of each project. The client claims that the monthly and year-end costings and forecasts were inadequate, making the contracts non-viable.
- Failing to arrange travel insurance for a client who falls ill while on holiday in Africa, claiming medical bills and expenses.
- A person injuring himself by falling from scaffolding you approved.
- Designing the layout of office premises and the client claiming that this was not in accordance with their requirements.
- Giving the wrong advice about planning permission on a plot of land.
Lloyds Bank plc is an introducer to Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited who arrange and administer Lloyds Bank Business Insurance Services and source products from a panel of insurers.
Important Legal Information
Lloyds Bank is a trading name of Lloyds Bank plc, Bank of Scotland plc and Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc. Lloyds Bank plc. Registered Office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales no.2065. Bank of Scotland plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland no. SC327000. Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc. Registered office 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales no. 10399850. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278, 169628 and 763256 respectively.
The products and services outlined on this site may be offered by legal entities from across Lloyds Banking Group, including Lloyds Bank plc and Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc. Lloyds Bank plc and Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc are separate legal entities within the Lloyds Banking Group.
Calls may be monitored or recorded in case we need to check we have carried out your instructions correctly and to help improve our quality of service.
Eligible deposits with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). Please note that due to FSCS and FOS eligibility criteria not all business customers will be covered.
Insurance covers are subject to the individual terms, conditions and exclusions of the insurer providing them. Always review the policy documentation supplied during the quote process to ensure you have the cover you need.