Euro Current Account
Our Euro Current Account has been created to ensure the process of trading in Euros is simple and convenient to manage.
Our Euro Current Accounts provide flexibility to help to maximise trade opportunities within the Eurozone as you need to be able to hold Euro currency balances, receive and make international payments to meet your Eurozone trading requirements.
Why open a Euro Current Account?
- Simplify the payment and receipt of Euros
- Helps to manage exposure to exchange rate movements
- Minimises foreign exchange costs
- Transfer money from a Sterling business account to your Euro Current Account
- Chequebook available
- Overdraft facilities available (subject to our normal lending criteria)
- Simple application process and no minimum balance required.
If you have excess Euro funds which you intend to hold for a period of time, you may wish to review our Currency Deposit Accounts Products which may help to maximise your interest on surplus funds. You can find information on our Currency Deposit Accounts here.
To apply for a Euro Current Account, you should:
- already hold a Sterling business account with us
- require the Euro Current Account for business use
- be aged 18 or over
- be a sole trader, partner or director (with authority to borrow on behalf of your business for currency overdraft borrowing applications)
Euro Current Account
£24 per year (fee taken in two instalments of £12 charged either in March/September or April/October)1
1 The application of the Account Maintenance Fee will depend on the currency of the account being debited. If the fee is being debited from a related GBP sterling account it will be charged in March and September. If the fee is being debited from the Euro Current Account it will be charged in April and October.
On the phone
0345 072 5555
Please contact your Relationship Manager to discuss further.
If you are a new customer to Lloyds Bank you will need to open a Sterling business account with us in order to open a Euro Current Account.
Important legal information
Lloyds Bank plc. Registered office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales No. 2065. Lloyds Bank plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278. Telephone: 020 7626 1500
Calls may be monitored or recorded in case we need to check we have carried out your instructions correctly and to help improve our quality of service.
Eligible deposits with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). Please note that due to FSCS and FOS eligibility criteria not all business customers will be covered.