Business bank accounts you can trust
We’ve been by the side of British businesses for over 250 years. Today, we help more than a million1 people take care of their business finances. So when you open an account with us, you know you’re in safe hands.
Our business bank accounts
Schools, clubs and charities
- Schools, clubs and charities
- Accounts for state-funded schools and academies
- Banking services for community Credit Unions
- Treasurer's Accounts for non-profit organisations
Why open a business bank account with us?
“Lloyds Bank really understand our business and have supported our growth while still helping us to maintain our small business values.”
Managing Director at Andyfreight
Digital business banking
Best Service from a Business Bank
Moneyfacts Business Awards 2022
Business Start-Up Bank of the Year
Moneyfacts Business Awards 2022
Business Bank of the Year
FDs’ Excellence Awards 2005 - 2021
Supporting UK Businesses
“With the Bank’s support over the last decade, we’ve been able to adapt and expand to become the business we are today.”
Business account cards
Business Debit Card
With no annual fee and contactless limits of £100, our Business Debit Cards are an affordable way to manage your daily expenses.
Business Cashpoint® Card
Use this card to cover unexpected expenses like taxis, withdraw cash at 1.9 million UK cash machines and deposit funds in branch.
Frequently asked questions about business accounts
To set up your business account, you’ll need:
- a copy or photograph of your signature
- the name, date of birth and three-year personal address history (including month and year of moving dates) for everyone connected to the account and the mobile number and email address of the Key Account Party
- your business name, address, details of your activities and estimated turnover
- For limited company accounts, companies house must be up to date before we can progress an application. Please allow 3 days from the date of Companies House registration before applying online or over the phone.
If you run a small business, there are various benefits to having a business bank account with Lloyds Bank:
- Separate business from personal transactions to make business accounting easier.
- Access expert resources and support to grow your business skills.
- Manage your accounts using online business banking.
Yes, we have different accounts to suit the size and nature of your business. Businesses with up to £3 million in annual turnover can apply for our small business and start-up account.
Once you’ve completed your application, we’ll aim to process it as soon as possible to get you up and running. We’ll be in touch if we need any further information from you.
Other products you may be interested in
1 Lloyds Banking Group PLC – 2021 Annual Report
2 Free day-to-day business banking for 12 months applies to small businesses, including individuals setting up their first business bank account, and includes:
- electronic payments
- deposits and withdrawals.
All we ask is that you operate your account in credit or within agreed limits.
Free electronic payments include:
- UK sterling direct debits
- standing orders
- debit card transactions
- Lloyds Bank/Other Bank ATM Withdrawals as indicated
- Internet/Phonebank Debits/Credits
- Faster Payments debits and credits
- internet bulk payments
- automated credits.
Important Legal Information
Calls may be monitored or recorded in case we need to check we have carried out your instructions correctly and to help improve our quality of service.
The products and services outlined on this site may be offered by legal entities from across Lloyds Banking Group, including Lloyds Bank plc and Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc. Lloyds Bank plc and Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc are separate legal entities within the Lloyds Banking Group.
Lloyds Bank is a trading name of Lloyds Bank plc, Bank of Scotland plc and Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc. Lloyds Bank plc. Registered Office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales no.2065. Bank of Scotland plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland no. SC327000. Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc. Registered office 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales no. 10399850. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278, 169628 and 763256 respectively.
We adhere to The Standards of Lending Practice which are monitored and enforced by the LSB: www.lendingstandardsboard.org.uk.
Eligible deposits with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). Please note that due to FSCS and FOS eligibility criteria not all business customers will be covered.