School Bank Account
Our School Bank Account has been developed specifically for state-funded schools, academies and those schools on their way to becoming academies.
You’ll get free day-to-day banking, interest paid monthly and a relationship manager available to advise you via telephone or email.
We’re the approved banking partner of the Institute of School Business Leadership (ISBL). We understand the challenges schools face and are in an excellent position to help you make the most of your resources.
Features and benefits
School Bank Account
- Free day-to-day banking.*
- Monthly interest paid on business accounts.
- Internet Banking with options for multi-person authorisation.
- A range of deposit accounts available for surplus funds.
- No charges for returning cheques recalled by the payer’s bank.
- Optional cash collection by one of a selection of security companies.
- An optional deferred checking service, helping to avoid delays at branch counters.
- No requirements for state-funded schools signatories to provide identification.
We can help you make the most of your funds by setting up deposits to suit your cashflow. We offer interest-bearing fixed rate deposit accounts from overnight up to three years. But do remember you won’t be able to make withdrawals during the term of a fixed rate deposit.
How to apply
* Free day-to-day banking applies to state-funded schools only. It is dependent on your school maintaining its full banking with Lloyds Bank, otherwise standard charges apply. Free banking includes cheques, standing orders, cash, UK Sterling direct debits, deposits and withdrawals. All we ask is that you operate your account in credit or within agreed limits.
Important Legal Information
Lloyds Bank is a trading name of Lloyds Bank plc, Bank of Scotland plc and Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc. Lloyds Bank plc. Registered Office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales no.2065. Bank of Scotland plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland no. SC327000. Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc. Registered office 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales no. 10399850. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278, 169628 and 763256 respectively.
The products and services outlined on this site may be offered by legal entities from across Lloyds Banking Group, including Lloyds Bank plc and Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc. Lloyds Bank plc and Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc are separate legal entities within the Lloyds Banking Group.
Calls may be monitored or recorded in case we need to check we have carried out your instructions correctly and to help improve our quality of service.
Eligible deposits with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). Please note that due to FSCS and FOS eligibility criteria not all business customers will be covered.