Inside content area, use arrow keys or tab to access content

Tradesman and Contractor Insurance

Get the cover you need to protect yourself, your equipment and the business you rely on. We work with Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited, who are part of one of the largest insurance broking groups in the world. They provide essential cover for the needs of tradesmen - including carpenters, builders, plumbers and electricians.

Features and Benefits

  • Compare quotes from our panel
    Quotes aren’t just provided by one insurer, but a panel of insurers, selected for their competitive prices and expertise.
  • Protect your business
    You can request immediate cover when you buy over the phone.
  • Easy to buy
    Dedicated, UK-based advisers are committed to sourcing the tradesman insurance you need at prices that suit.

Keep in Mind

  • To offer this insurance service, we work with Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited, one of the UK’s largest insurance brokers. Arthur J. Gallagher will search a panel of insurance providers for quotes tailored to your business’ insurance needs.
  • Insurance covers are subject to the individual terms, conditions and exclusions of the insurer providing them. Always review the policy documentation supplied during the quote process to ensure you have the cover you need.
Question mark icon

Need advice?

Call 0345 377 0002Call telephone number 0345 377 0002 to get advice from specialist advisers on the tradesman insurance you need.

The general line is available from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday. You’ll have the option to buy your policy over the phone, and request instant cover.

Public liability

As a small business owner, you're legally responsible for the health and safety of the people you interact with. For example, if customers or suppliers are injured on your premises, they could sue your business for damages. Public liability insurance can cover costly compensation payouts and legal fees spent defending allegations.

You rely on your van to do business, you have far more to lose from accidents or breakdowns than the repair costs alone. Commercial vehicle cover can help towards repairs and the cost of a temporary replacement van.

Tool cover

Tool cover protects you against expensive replacement costs should your power tools or hand tools get damaged or stolen.

Personal accident cover

Personal accident cover is designed to pay out a lump sum if you or anyone who works for you gets seriously injured or loses their life on the job.

Please note this is not a comprehensive list, additional covers are available to ensure our business is suitably protected.

Umbrella icon

Professional Indemnity Insurance

Protect your business against allegations about your service or the advice you provide.

Find out moreabout Professional Indemnity Insurance

Umbrella icon

Shops owners

See our insurance options for shop owners like butchers, florists or hairdressers.

Find out moreabout insurance for shop owners

Umbrella icon

Liability Insurance

Protect your business against third party claims of accidental injury or damage.

Find out moreabout Public Liability Insurance

Umbrella icon

Insurance homepage

We offer a range of insurance products providing cover for a variety of sectors.

Back to insurance

Need Advice?

If you’re not sure what you need, call to speak to specialist tradesman insurance advisers.

0345 377 0002Call telephone number 0345 377 0002

Lines available from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday.

Request a Callback

Complete our online form if you'd like to receive a call back to discuss your Tradesman and Contractor Insurance needs.

Request a callback

Contact Directory

Whether you’re an existing customer or looking for the right contact.

Contact Directory