Public Liability Insurance for Tradesman and Self Employed
Protect your business from compensation costs and claims
How can Lloyds Bank Business Insurance Services help you protect your business?
- We know your business is important to you, and keeping it safe and secure will allow you to focus on the Important day to day tasks.
- To help you do this we have chosen to work with Gallagher, one of the UK’s largest insurance brokers. They will search a panel of insurance providers for quotes tailored to your business’ insurance needs.
- This service will provide you with access to specialist insurance advisers and a panel of leading insurers which means you can choose from a range of products to get the cover you need at the price you want.
What is Public Liability insurance?
When accidents happen, your business could be responsible for paying compensation under many circumstances. Public Liability insurance can cover the cost of pay-outs and legal fees if your business is sued by a third party (third parties include members of the public, customers or clients, but not your staff).
Public Liability insurance can cover an accident in your work area or relating to your business activities. This includes incidents on your premises as well as those that occur while doing business offsite.
You should consider Public Liability insurance if:
- Customers visit your business premises
- You work on client sites, for example you’re a tradesman carrying out work in people’s homes or gardens
- You work in public, for example you’re a builder, and your work could potentially cause injury or damage to a member of the public
Do you give advice or provide a service?
If you give advice or provide a service when working for a client then you may need to consider Professional Indemnity insurance (also known as PI).
Professional Indemnity Insurance can help to put mistakes right and cover any legal costs if a client alleges you have provided inadequate service or advice.
To get a combined Liability and Indemnity quote, call 0345 377 0002 to speak to specialist advisors who can advise you on the cover you need to protect your business.
Lines available from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday
- Property damage resulting from your work. An electrician drills through a water pipe, or a roofing company fails to leave the roof water tight, damaging a customer’s property.
- Someone tripping, slipping or otherwise injuring him/herself in your work area. This can be a customer, member of the public, client or a contractor, but excludes your own employees.
- Dropping something while working or if something falls without anyone touching it, such as a stack of heavy boxes, injuring or damaging a customer or his/her property.
- Someone from your business accidentally spilling a drink over a client’s computer.
Employers’ Liability insurance can cover the cost of pay-outs if your business is sued by an employee for injury or illness caused by employers’ negligence. These typically include damage pay-outs, medical costs and loss of income. In case of death, policies cover claims made by the family of the deceased.
Important legal information
Lloyds Bank plc. Registered office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales No. 2065. Lloyds Bank plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278. Telephone: 020 7626 1500
Insurance covers are subject to the individual terms, conditions and exclusions of the insurer providing them. Always review the policy documentation supplied during the quote process to ensure you have the cover you need.
Calls may be monitored or recorded in case we need to check we have carried out your instructions correctly and to help improve our quality of service.
Eligible deposits with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). Please note that due to FSCS and FOS eligibility criteria not all business customers will be covered.