Inside content area, use arrow keys or tab to access content

Working from Home insurance

If you’re one of the growing number of people and businesses who now work from the home, you may need to check the insurance cover you have and whether it will give you the protection you need.

Many businesses run from home rely on standard home insurance to protect the risks they face. But, it is unlikely that your home insurance will cover your business equipment, materials, or stock or activities that you perform.

Whether you are a consultant, designer, cake maker, tutor or eBayer. Your business needs protection in the event of accident, injury or loss.

Working from Home insurance is a tailored insurance package designed to provide cover for business based at home. You can choose from a range of flexible covers to ensure your business is protected should the worst happen.

Insurance you can trust

We know your business is important to you, and keeping it safe and secure will allow you to focus on the important day to day tasks.

To help you do this we have chosen to work with Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited, one of the UK’s largest insurance brokers.

This service will provide you with access to

  • specialist insurance advisers
  • a panel of leading insurers
  • a range of products to get the cover you need at the price you want.
Information icon

Get a quote

Call 0345 377 0002Call telephone number 0345 377 0002 to get advice from specialists on the insurance you need. The general line is available from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday. You’ll have the option to buy your policy over the phone, and request instant cover.

Question mark icon

Help and Guidance

Read our expert guides to help understand what Insurance you need to protect your business.

Reasons to Buy

  • Quotes sourced from a panel of insurers
    Quotes aren’t just provided by one insurer, but a panel of insurers, selected for their competitive prices and expertise.
  • Tailor your cover to fit your needs
    Select from a range of covers to suit your needs such as public liability, goods in transit and business equipment cover.
  • Protect your business
    Cover for businesses that are run from home including cake makers, tutors, eBayers, designers, consultants and many more.
  • Easy to buy
    Dedicated, UK-based advisers are committed to sourcing the insurance you need at prices that suit.
  • Instant cover available
    Working from home insurance can be requested immediately.

Keep in Mind

  • To offer this insurance service, we work with Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited, one of the UK’s largest insurance brokers. Arthur J. Gallagher will search a panel of insurance providers for quotes tailored to your business’ insurance needs.
  • Insurance covers are subject to the individual terms, conditions and exclusions of the insurer providing them. Always review the policy documentation supplied during the quote process to ensure you have the cover you need.

What is Working from Home Insurance?

Lloyds Bank Business Insurance Services offers a range of covers to suit your business needs. Speak to specialist insurance advisers about covers including:

Public Liability

When accidents happen, your business could be responsible for paying compensation in the event of a claim. Public Liability insurance can cover compensation and claimants costs for accidental injury to third parties or damage to their property.

Public Liability insurance can also cover an accident in your work area or relating to your business activities. This includes incidents on your premises as well as those that occur while doing business offsite.

Employers’ Liability

Covers legal liability for death or injury to employees caused in the course of their employment.

Products Liability

Provides cover for compensation for injury to third parties or damage to their property caused by products that you design, manufacture or supply.

Business Equipment

Your business equipment is important in the day to day operation of your business. You may need cover at your home premises and also whilst you are out on the road visiting suppliers or customers.

Loss or damage to your computer equipment by theft for example would be covered under the Business Equipment section of your policy.

Goods in Transit

When either collecting stock from suppliers, or delivering stock/finished goods to your end customer. There is a possibility that these items may be damaged or lost whilst in transit.

Goods in Transit cover will provide you with cover for loss or damage to these items during transit, minimising the financial impact this could have on your business.

Please note this is not a comprehensive list. Additional covers are available to ensure your business is suitably protected.

Do you give advice or provide a service?

If you give advice or provide a service when working for a client then you may need to consider Professional Indemnity insurance (also known as PI).

If a client alleges you have provided inadequate service or advice, Indemnity insurance can help to correct mistakes and cover legal costs.

To get a combined Working from Home Insurance and Professional Indemnity quote. Call 0345 377 0002 to speak to specialist advisers who can advise you on the cover you need to protect your business. Lines available from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday.

More Insurance Products

Umbrella icon

Public Liability Insurance

Protect your business against third party claims of accidental injury or damage.

Find out about public liability insurance

Landlord insurance

Professional Indemnity Insurance

Protect your business against allegations about your service or the advice you provide.

Find out about Professional Indemnity insurance

Umbrella icon

Product Selector

Need some guidance? Our handy tool can help drill down to the main covers relevant to your business type.

Get started with the product selector

Get a working from home quote

Get a quote

Call for more cover options

Don’t see the cover you’re looking for? Speak to a UK-based adviser who can source quotes from many insurers. For instant cover you can buy your policy over the phone.

0345 377 0002Call telephone number 0345 377 0002

Lines available from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday

Do I need business insurance if I work from home?

As a home-based business do you have protection if an incident occurs?

Learn more

Work/life Balance

How to achieve a work/life balance when you work from home.

Read our guide

Do I need Public Liability insurance?

Does your business need liability cover?

Find out more

Request a Callback

Complete our online form if you'd like us to call you back at a suitable time to discuss your working from home insurance needs.

Request a callback

Contact Directory

Whether you’re an existing customer or looking for the right contact.

Contact Directory