How we can help
We understand that managing your farm’s finances takes more than a bank account. As part of our service, our agricultural team is always on hand to provide guidance and support.
Core banking services
At the heart of our service is an efficient and reliable business account. This makes it easy to arrange recurring payments, transfer money to other accounts and keep a record of all income and expenses.
We also offer a number of ways for you to invest. Your local agricultural business manager can help you choose the best deposit or savings account for your farm.
As a farmer, your day is not exactly nine-to-five. That’s why we provide ways to manage your money when and how it suits you, including:
- visiting your local branch
- contacting your agricultural business manager directly over the phone or through email
- logging onto internet banking from your home or work computer
- using your mobile to access your accounts or get updates via text.
Our goal is to help ensure your farm grows and develops in a way that’s sustainable. Pinpointing risks and protecting against them is a major part of this.
Your agricultural business manager will help you develop a strategy for dealing with the risks involved in running a farm. For example, we can help you:
- manage your exposure to foreign exchange fluctuations, which may impact on grain prices and the value of single farm payments
- protect your farm with our range of business insurance options
- plan for retirement and organise the farm’s smooth transition to a new owner.
Planning for future success
Funding for your farm
We provide tailored funding to help you expand, modernise and diversify your farming business. Your agricultural business manager will work closely with you to determine what type of funding works best for your farm. Your options include:
- fixed or variable rate business loans
- financing for essential farm equipment and machinery
- funds to help you manage cashflow as you wait to be paid by your customers
- contract hire for your business vehicles.
Retirement and succession
We know that many farm businesses pass through generations. Our agriculture team has the expertise and experience to help you make a smooth transition.
We're also here to help you prepare for a comfortable retirement. Whether you want to leave the agriculture sector completely or stay partially involved, we’ll work with you to arrange the perfect plan.
Your agricultural business manager
Our team specialises in agriculture and understands the complexities of managing a farm. Your local agricultural business manager will provide ongoing support tailored to the needs of your business. We are here to help you:
- find more rewarding ways to save and invest in your farm
- get the funding you need to grow, modernise and diversify your business
- access professional guidance on tax and inheritance
- successfully plan for retirement and the succession of your farm
- manage cashflow through slower months in the farming calendar.
Farming is often a lifelong business. And it makes sense for your off-farm investments to reflect your long-term goals. We'll help you plan for the future with an investment strategy tailored to the needs of you and your family.
On family-run farms, the business and the home are intrinsically linked. We also provide a range of personal accounts so that each member of your family has the tools they need to manage their money effectively.
ANY PROPERTY GIVEN AS SECURITY, WHICH MAY INCLUDE YOUR HOME, MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE OR OTHER DEBTS SECURED ON IT.
All lending is subject to a satisfactory credit assessment and we will need your permission to carry out a credit check on you and your business.
You should not apply for an amount that you cannot comfortably afford to repay now and in the future to avoid the possibility of legal action.
Important legal information
Lloyds Bank plc. Registered office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales No. 2065. Lloyds Bank plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278. Telephone: 020 7626 1500
Calls may be monitored or recorded in case we need to check we have carried out your instructions correctly and to help improve our quality of service.
Eligible deposits with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). Please note that due to FSCS and FOS eligibility criteria not all business customers will be covered.