Whether it’s big or small, an unforeseen event at your office could have a significant impact on your business. With office insurance, you can protect your property, its contents, your customers and employees as well as your ability to operate so that you can get on with doing what you do best; running your business.

Get a quick quote

Get a quick quote online from a panel of insurers then speak to an expert adviser who will check your details and make sure you have the right cover before you buy.

Get a quick quote

Get an estimate in less than 10 minutes.

Do you need help to understand what cover you need?

Call 0345 377 0002

Lines are open 8am-6pm Monday to Friday, except Bank Holidays.

Our Business Insurance Provider

We’ve chosen to work with Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited, one of the UK’s largest insurance brokers. They have access to a panel of leading insurers both online and over the phone.

  • If you run your business from a commercial property, then chances are you’ll need office insurance. But because your business is unique, the cover required to protect it should be too.

    The cover you’ll require will depend on factors such as the type of business you run, whether or not you employ staff, and if customers visit your office. The answers to these questions will identify the specific risks that your business faces so that a policy can be tailored to meet your needs.

    Remember, if you run your office from home you’ll still need to cover your business equipment. Many home insurance policies do not provide adequate cover for home-based businesses which may leave you out of pocket if the worst happens. Find out more about specialist working from home insurance so that your business is fully protected.

    Get a quick quote

    Get an estimate in less than 10 minutes.

  • Property damage, legal proceedings and theft can ruin any business. But by having an office insurance policy in place, you can protect your business against unforeseen events to give you invaluable peace of mind.

    Firstly, even if you rent your office space, its most likely that you are still required to have insurance in place for your owncomputers, general contents and liabilities. You need to consider the impact that a theft or flood at your office would have on your business. Without your computers, telephone equipment and office furniture you could be unable to run your business.

    Remember that, as well as covering your contents, you should also consider the financial impact that an unexpected event would have on your day-to-day operations. Business interruption insurance can cover the loss or reduction of income should the worst happen.

    You’ll also need to have Employers’ Liability insurance in place if you have anyone to help run your office. If you’ve taken on members of staff who aren’t direct family members or your business is a limited company, then it’s a legal requirement to have a minimum of £5m employers' liability cover in place, although the insurance industry standard is £10m.

    Not only will you be protected should an employee become injured and sue you for negligence but you'll avoid facing a fine of up to £2,500 for every day they are not properly insured. Not having sufficient cover is a risk that's not worth taking.

    Get a quick quote

    Get an estimate in less than 10 minutes.

Your office is more than just bricks and mortar. It's the heart of your business. This is why it's essential to protect the main elements of your business with office insurance.

Buildings insurance

If you own the property you trade from then buildings insurance is designed to cover the rebuild and associated costs incurred following a claim. It will also cover any permanent fixtures and fittings if they were to become damaged following an insured incident such as a fire or a flood.

Contents insurance

The contents of your office are essential to keep your business running. This cover protects office equipment such as your computers and office furniture, if, for example they're stolen or damaged.

Public Liability insurance

As a business owner, you’re responsible for making your office as safe as possible, but accidents can and do happen. Public liability insurance will cover injury to a third party or damage to their belongings while on your premises. So, if a customer falls and hurts themselves while visiting your office and you are proven to be negligent, your public liability cover could pay out if a lawsuit were to arise.

Employers’ Liability insurance

Employers’ liability will protect you against the costs of an employee claiming compensation, when you’re found to be negligent for injury or illness suffered whilst working for you. It’s a legal requirement for most businesses to hold a minimum £5 million of liability if they employ one member of staff or more, the industry standard though is £10 million.

Business interruption

If an insured event occurs that means your business is unable to trade it could have disastrous consequences for the future. But with business interruption, you’ll have protection if the worst happens to cover any reduction or loss of income and give you the means to go on, even temporary relocation of your office to enable you to continue serving your customers.

Get a quick quote
Get an estimate in less than 10 minutes.

  • If you rent your office space, its most likely that you are still required to have insurance in place for your own computers, general contents and liabilities. However insurance for the buildings would normally be provided by the Landlord.

  • If money is lost or stolen and you have selected this optional cover, your policy will typically include the following cover sections:

    • From your business premises during business hours
    • While in transit
    • From a bank night safe
    • From a residential address (for a smaller amount)
    • While out of a safe, out of hours
    • While in a safe, out of hours
  • If your business is impacted by one of the following events, then you’ll be eligible to make a claim:

    • Fire, smoke, lightning, explosion and earthquake
    • Storm or flood
    • Escape of water or oil from any tank, apparatus, pipe or appliance
    • Impact
    • Theft or attempted theft
    • Subsidence, ground heave or landslip
    • Accidental damage and malicious damage
  • It’s normally an optional cover, so if you need it make sure you ask. It can cover the costs of legal fees and expenses of a lawyer incurred. These are the sort of things that could lead to legal expenses being incurred:

    • Employment disputes
    • Prosecution
    • Property
    • Taxation protection
    • Debt recovery
    • Data protection
    • Bodily injury
    • Contract disputes
  • Arthur J. Gallagher’s is one of the largest insurance brokers in the UK. We’ve chosen to partner with them to bring you the first class service and products that come from using a broker. You may have also seen that Arthur J. Gallagher is the proud sponsors of Premiership Rugby.

    You’ll also benefit from:

    Quick and easy quotes – Save yourself time and hassle by getting quotes online.

    Choice – Specialist insurance advisers will provide you with professional advice and guidance to help you fully protect your business.

    Confidence – If you need professional advice and guidance to help you fully protect your business, specialist insurance advisers are only a phone call away.

    So, if you’re looking for shop insurance which can be tailored to meet the individual needs of your business with the support of a global insurance brokerage, then look no further.

Can't find what you are looking for?

Call 0345 377 0002

Lines open 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday.

Request a callback

Help & Guidance

Read our guides to help understand what insurance you need to protect your business.

Help & Guidance

Existing customers

Contact numbers for all your queries including details for making a claim.

Contact directory

Insurance covers are subject to the individual terms, conditions and exclusions of the insurer providing them. Always review the policy documentation supplied during the quote process to ensure you have the cover you need.

Important Legal Information

Calls may be monitored or recorded in case we need to check we have carried out your instructions correctly and to help improve our quality of service.

The products and services outlined on this site may be offered by legal entities from across Lloyds Banking Group, including Lloyds Bank plc and Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc. Lloyds Bank plc and Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc are separate legal entities within the Lloyds Banking Group.

Lloyds Bank is a trading name of Lloyds Bank plc, Bank of Scotland plc and Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc. Lloyds Bank plc. Registered Office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales no.2065. Bank of Scotland plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland no. SC327000. Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc. Registered office 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales no. 10399850. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278, 169628 and 763256 respectively.

We adhere to The Standards of Lending Practice which are monitored and enforced by the LSB: www.lendingstandardsboard.org.uk.

Eligible deposits with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). Please note that due to FSCS and FOS eligibility criteria not all business customers will be covered.