We’re committed to providing products and services of the very highest standards. If you feel that we haven't lived up to your expectations in any way, we'd like to know so we can put things right for you.
If you have a complaint make sure your usual contact at the bank knows about it and tell them how you think it could be resolved. We'll usually respond to you within five business days.
Alternatively, you can:
- call our advisors on 0345 072 5555. We are available from 7am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 2pm on Saturday (closed on all UK public and bank holidays). To call us from outside the UK dial +441733 347 338 or from textphone 0345 601 6909
- raise your complaint with customer services – write to: The Manager, Lloyds Bank, Customer Services, Correspondence Centre, BX1 1LT.
We'll write to you within five working days to tell you what we've done to resolve the problem, or acknowledge your complaint and let you know when you can expect a full response. We'll also let you know the name and contact details of the person or team dealing with your case.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) gives us a maximum number of days to issue a final response;
- If your complaint relates to payment services or e-money (e.g. Direct Debit, Online Transaction) we aim to issue a final response within 15 business days after receiving your complaint. Should something outside of our control cause a delay, the FCA gives us a maximum of 35 business days.
- For all other types of complaint the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) gives us eight weeks to issue a final response but we will aim to get your complaint resolved well before this deadline.
If we haven't issued our response within eight weeks from the date you first raised your complaint, or if you're dissatisfied with our response, you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service for an independent review. The Financial Ombudsman Service will only consider your complaint once you've tried to resolve it with us, so please take up your concerns with us first and we'll do all we can to help.
- Call 0800 023 4567, which is normally free for people ringing from a "fixed line" phone – but charges may apply if you call from a mobile phone.
- Call 0300 123 9123, charged at the same rate as 01 or 02 numbers on mobile phone tariffs.
- Call +44 20 7964 0500: if you’re outside the UK.
- Write to: Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR.
The Financial Ombudsman Service
The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) is a service set up by Parliament to resolve complaints between financial businesses and their customers.
In order to refer a complaint to the FOS, you must meet the FOS eligibility criteria. The FOS will consider complaints from:
- A private individual
- A micro enterprise which has a group annual turnover, and/or balance sheet, of up to €2
million and fewer than 10 staff
- A small business which has a group annual turnover of up to £6.5 million and fewer than 50
staff or a balance sheet total of less than £5 million
- A guarantor that has provided a guarantee or security in respect of an obligation of a microenterprise
or small business
- A charity which has an annual income of less than £6.5 million
- A trustee of a trust which has a net asset value of less than £5 million
If you have a complaint and we haven’t issued our response within eight weeks from the date you first raised your complaint, or if you’re dissatisfied with our response, you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service for an independent review. The Financial Ombudsman Service will only consider your complaint once you've tried to resolve it with us, so please take up your concerns with us first and we'll do all we can to help.
Further information on the Financial Ombudsman Service, including more detailed guidance on those who are eligible to complain, can be found on their website www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk or by telephoning 0800 023 4567 (if you’re calling from outside the UK call on +44 20 7964 0500) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to:
Financial Ombudsman Service
Harbour Exchange Square
Business Banking Resolution Service
If your complaint is not eligible for the Financial Ombudsman Service, you may be able to have your complaint reviewed by the Business Banking Resolution Service (BBRS). The BBRS is an independent organisation set up voluntarily by participating banks to resolve disputes. The BBRS is free to use and has different eligibility considerations from the Financial Ombudsman Service. For further information, please refer to their website, or email email@example.com or telephone on 0345 646 8825. Alternatively, you can write to the BBRS, 70 Fleet St, London EC4Y 1EU.
Raising a complaint with us will not affect any rights you may have to pursue the issue through formal (legal) proceedings.
Call 0800 092 0715 to speak to an advisor specialising in PPI regulations.
If you prefer to write, the address is:
Lloyds Banking Group
St. William House
Register your PPI complaint by using our online form and complete the required information.
Should you wish to take your complaint further, go to the Financial Ombudsman Service website.. This includes details of how to make a complaint against the Bank and provides a questionnaire for you to complete.
Please note that any data sent via email is not secure and could be read by others.
Important Legal Information
Calls may be monitored or recorded in case we need to check we have carried out your instructions correctly and to help improve our quality of service.
The products and services outlined on this site may be offered by legal entities from across Lloyds Banking Group, including Lloyds Bank plc and Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc. Lloyds Bank plc and Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc are separate legal entities within the Lloyds Banking Group.
Lloyds Bank is a trading name of Lloyds Bank plc, Bank of Scotland plc and Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc. Lloyds Bank plc. Registered Office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales no.2065. Bank of Scotland plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland no. SC327000. Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc. Registered office 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales no. 10399850. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278, 169628 and 763256 respectively.
We adhere to The Standards of Lending Practice which are monitored and enforced by the LSB: www.lendingstandardsboard.org.uk.
Eligible deposits with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). Please note that due to FSCS and FOS eligibility criteria not all business customers will be covered.