Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CLBILS)
Support for businesses with a turnover over £45 million
Please contact your Relationship Director to enquire about the scheme.
If Lloyds Bank do not already currently provide your main Business Current Account, please speak to your main bank for support in the first instance.
Please note on 19th May HM Treasury announced changes to the Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme, including that larger businesses may benefit from loans up to a maximum of £200m. The changes are expected to go live on 26th May and full details will be available after that date. Please contact your Relationship Director if you wish to discuss your options in the meantime.
Key features of the CLBIL scheme
- CLBILS is a government-backed initiative for businesses with an annual group turnover over £45 million
- We can support with term loans and revolving credit facilities for a term between 3 months and 3 years
- Eligible businesses with a turnover between £45 million and £250 million can apply for loans between £50,001 and £25 million
- Eligible businesses with a turnover over £250 million can apply for loans between £50,001 and £50 million.
- Your business will remain liable for repayment of the loan
- You must have a borrowing proposal which, were it not for the current pandemic, would be considered viable
- The scheme is open to businesses who have not received a facility under the Bank of England’s Covid Corporate Financing Facility (CCFF).
As a confirmed accredited lender of the government CLBIL scheme, we’re here to support our customers during the coronavirus pandemic.
If you require more information about the scheme, please visit the British Business Bank website.
To be eligible for the British Business Bank's CLBIL scheme:
As with any other commercial transaction, the borrower is always responsible for repayment of the full value of any facility supported by CLBILS. The guarantee is to the lender, not the borrower.
The Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CLBILS) is managed by the British Business Bank on behalf of, and with the financial backing of the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and industrial Strategy (BEIS). Full details on CLBILS and the list of participating CLBILS lenders can be found on the British Business Bank website: www.british-business-bank.co.uk