Protect your business from fraud
Discover how fraud can affect your business and what you can do about it.
- double check if a supplier asks you to change their details. You can do this by calling them on the number you have saved.
- confirm with the sender if you get an email from your business owner or a supplier asking you to make an urgent payment.
- be careful when you open any emails that you weren’t expecting (even if you think you know the sender). Don’t click on any links or attachments unless you’re sure they're safe.
- download something or give remote access (control of your device) if someone unexpected asks.
- share your internet banking details, card reader codes, your password or your PIN.
- move your money to a “safe/holding/secure account” for “security purposes”. We would never ask you to do this and neither would the police.
Our Fraud Guidance brochure can tell you about:
- Different types of fraud
- How to spot potential fraud
- What you can do to protect your business from fraud.
Important Legal Information
Calls may be monitored or recorded in case we need to check we have carried out your instructions correctly and to help improve our quality of service.
The products and services outlined on this site may be offered by legal entities from across Lloyds Banking Group, including Lloyds Bank plc and Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc. Lloyds Bank plc and Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc are separate legal entities within the Lloyds Banking Group.
Lloyds Bank is a trading name of Lloyds Bank plc, Bank of Scotland plc and Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc. Lloyds Bank plc. Registered Office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales no.2065. Bank of Scotland plc. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Registered in Scotland no. SC327000. Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc. Registered office 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales no. 10399850. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278, 169628 and 763256 respectively.
We adhere to The Standards of Lending Practice which are monitored and enforced by the LSB: www.lendingstandardsboard.org.uk.
Eligible deposits with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). Please note that due to FSCS and FOS eligibility criteria not all business customers will be covered.