Step by step process guide
Here’s a guide on how to register a trusted person to manage your account and finances
1 - Confirm ‘Access Type’ required
Make your choice Choose which Power of Attorney or other type of third party access is right for you See ‘Access Type’ for more information.
2 - Prepare documentation if required
Please note: if you do need documentation for the access type you are setting up you should ensure you have this in place before booking the appointment. For more guidance, please visit the website of the Office of the Public Guardian. For Scotland, please visit the website of the Office of the Public Guardian in Scotland.
3 - Talk to a Specialist
You can register over the phone* or arrange a branch appointment by calling 0345 300 0071 ** Lines are open 8am - 8pm, seven days a week.
We’ll need to verify all the appointed representatives who will have access to your account, they can arrange independent appointments if that’s easier.
If the representative needs to make decisions with another representative (act Jointly) they will need a branch appointment and must attend the appointment together.
* In some circumstances you may not be able to register over the phone.
4 - Items to complete registration
- You will need the following items with you to complete registration:
- Your original or certified copy of the Power of Attorney or other type of order. A court appointed deputy will need to bring in the original Court of Protection document.
- Documents that prove your identity and the identity of your representative, like a valid current passport (full and signed), and proof of address (if you are new to Lloyds Bank).If you’re acting on behalf of an organisation, we will need to see the appointed representatives listed on the organisation’s headed paper.
5 - Transacting on the account
When you register, you can also apply for:
- Telephone banking* to speak over the phone if you have any queries.
- Online banking* to allow you to keep track of your account(s)
- See our ‘At a glance’ summary for more information.
*Unless legal document says otherwise.
Important legal information
Lloyds Bank plc. Registered office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales No. 2065. Lloyds Bank plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278.
Eligible deposits with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).