How secure is Mobile Banking?
Mobile Banking with us is secure as well as convenient. We know this is especially important when you're managing your money on the move. So, here’s what we can do together to keep things safe and private.
How we protect you
We use leading security technology and fraud prevention techniques to protect you and your money online.
- Security controls - we use advanced systems to control access to your accounts and monitor how they are used.
- Built-in security - the mobile app* has extra technology, to keep the banking details on your device safe and private.
- Safe start - the app* checks your details, your device and its software for security before you log on.
- Remote control - if your phone is lost or stolen, we can block it from being used to try and access your accounts.
- Fraud guarantee - if you become a victim of fraud, we’ll refund your money as long as you’ve been careful. Make sure you’re aware of our Fraud Guarantee.
* Android app, iOS app and Express Logon for iPad only.
Help to protect yourself
As well as the protection we provide, you should also take simple steps to safeguard yourself.
- Protecting privacy - never share your device and don’t keep your logon details on it or carry them with you.
- Official apps - only download the app from Google Play and Apple App Stores worldwide, so you know it’s official.
- Public places - keep your device with you at all times. Look out for others watching when you log on.
- SMS and email - messages from us will never ask for your security details, or link you to a page that does. Be suspicious of links and don’t reply. Learn how to recognise genuine messages from us.
- Device security - lock your device with a PIN or passcode, and always install the latest security updates.
- Using fingerprint authentication – if you have an iPhone with Touch ID, or an Android device with Android Fingerprint, don’t let others register their fingerprint.
Android/Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc. Apple, the Apple logo, Touch ID and Face ID are trademarks of Apple Inc, registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
It may be unlawful to use some Internet and Mobile Banking services in some countries. Please check before you travel. Services may be affected by phone signal and functionality.
Important legal information
Lloyds Bank plc. Registered office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales No. 2065. Lloyds Bank plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278.
Eligible deposits with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
We don't charge you for Mobile Banking, but your mobile operator may charge for some services, please check with them. Services may be affected by phone signal and functionality. Personal Internet Banking customers only. Terms and conditions apply.