Viewing your Lloyds Bank Share Dealing account in Internet Banking
We’re making it easier to view and access your Share Dealing account
If you hold a Share Dealing account with us and are also registered for Internet Banking, you’ll now see a summary of your Share Dealing balance alongside your other accounts when you log in via a web browser.
This will make it easier for you to view and access your Share Dealing account. The Share Dealing account summary is not available in the Lloyds Bank mobile banking app yet.
Why is this change happening?
Customers have told us they want to see and access their Share Dealing accounts alongside their bank accounts.
What is Internet Banking?
By managing your bank accounts online you can transfer money between accounts, pay your bills, and view your recent transactions and current balance via your desktop, mobile or tablet. This is particularly useful if you hold more than one Lloyds Bank account.
Internet Banking is easy and safe, and you can use it when you want, where you want.
What will the new Share Dealing account summary look like?
The new Share Dealing account summary has 5 features:
- Your Share Dealing Personal Reference Number (PRN)
- The total balance of all your Share Dealing accounts
- Your total cash balance available to invest
- Total securities (the amount you have invested in assets)
- Log on – clicking on this will take you to our Share Dealing home page where you can log on and manage your Share Dealing accounts
Please note: The values shown on your Share Dealing account summary are updated at the close of the business day and are not in real time. Log in to your account to view a real-time balance.
If you have more than one Share Dealing account, a combined total of those accounts will be displayed in the account summary.
Questions and answers
1. How do I access my Share Dealing account through Internet Banking?
- Log in to your Internet Banking through your internet browser. The Share Dealing account summary isn’t available on the Lloyds Bank mobile app yet.
- Click “Log on” in the Share Dealing account summary within Internet Banking.
- Click on "Log on" highlighted below. Do not click on the top right Log on button as that will take you back to internet banking.
- Enter your Share Dealing log in details as you would normally.
2. Will I also be able to see my Share Dealing account in my mobile banking app?
We know that Share Dealing customers really want to access their accounts via the mobile banking app, and we’re working hard to make this happen as soon as possible. For now, Share Dealing accounts are accessible via Internet Banking in your desktop, mobile or tablet browser, or by going directly to the Share Dealing website.
3. Which investment accounts will I be able to see in Internet Banking?
The Share Dealing account summary will show you a combined view of all your Share Dealing accounts. This balance could include the following accounts:
- Share Dealing ISA
- Share Dealing Account
4. What are the values that are shown on my Share Dealing account summary on Internet Banking?
We’ll show you the total value of cash and assets in your Share Dealing account. This value will be the total balance of your Share Dealing account(s) at the close of the previous business day.
To see the most up-to-date balance please click on “Log on” in your account summary and log in to your Share Dealing account as you normally do.
If you have a joint account as well as a sole account you will see the total of all your balances.
5. I’ve forgotten my Internet Banking sign in details
If you're an existing Internet Banking customer, you can reset your password online. Simply go to the log in page, click on 'Forgotten your password?' and follow the on-screen instructions which explain the steps to follow. Remember these are different passwords to your Share Dealing log in details and you’ll need to reset your details via our internet banking website.
6. Can I still access my Share Dealing account through the existing Share Dealing website?
Yes, you’ll be able to sign in to your account through both the existing Share Dealing website and Internet Banking. You will need your Share Dealing log in details to do this.
7. I’m a new customer, why have I been sent a separate Share Dealing username and password to log in?
A separate Share Dealing username and password is automatically generated when you open a Share Dealing account.
At the moment, you still need to use this Share Dealing username and password to log in to your Share Dealing account. This may change in the future, but we will let you know if it does.
You cannot use your Share Dealing log in details to log in to Internet Banking and vice versa.
8. What happens if I close the other Lloyds Bank accounts I hold with you?
You will still be able to access your Share Dealing account online through Internet banking or by going directly to the Lloyds Bank Share Dealing site.
9. Why is my Share Dealing account summary showing the incorrect amount?
The balance displayed in your Share Dealing account summary is based on the previous business day, so it won’t reflect any changes you’ve made that day.
If you have more than one Share Dealing account it will show the total of those accounts.
10. Why is there more than one account summary showing for my Share Dealing accounts?
If more than one Share Dealing account summary appears in your Internet Banking, this is a known issue and we are working to fix it. This does not affect the security or management of your other Share Dealing accounts and you should be able to log in as normal if you want to manage your account.
11. I have Power of Attorney on a Share Dealing account, why can’t I access the account?
Although you can see the new Share Dealing account in Internet Banking, you will not be able to access this due to restrictions on the account. If you wish to trade or check any account details you should call customer services on;
12. I have a share dealing account but I haven’t registered for online share dealing yet, what can I do?
Some customers may have a Share Dealing account but may not have registered to see their account online. To register for Share Dealing Online, simply click on the ‘Register an Existing Account’ link on the sign in page and follow the simple instructions.
Important legal information
The Lloyds Bank Direct Investments Service is operated by Halifax Share Dealing Limited. Registered Office: Trinity Road, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX1 2RG. Registered in England and Wales no. 3195646. Halifax Share Dealing Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, 12 Endeavour Square, London, E20 1JN under registration number 183332. A Member of the London Stock Exchange and an HM Revenue & Customs Approved ISA Manager.