Your Lloyds Bank Avios Rewards Credit Card Account is a single credit card account, with a single credit limit, operating with two credit cards, a Lloyds Bank Avios Rewards American Express® Card and a Lloyds Bank Avios Rewards MasterCard® Card.
These Conditions set out how you, the main cardholder named in the agreement for your Credit Card Account, may earn and use Avios under the Lloyds Bank Avios Rewards Scheme (the "Reward Scheme"). These Conditions will also be subject to the Credit Card Conditions and the Avios Conditions.
The Lloyds Bank Avios Rewards American Express Card is issued and administered by Lloyds Bank Plc pursuant to a licence from American Express. American Express® is a registered trademark of American Express Company.
Words used in these Conditions beginning with a capital letter are defined in the Credit Card Conditions or in these Conditions.
“Avios” means the Avios you earn for each Eligible Transaction which can be used in accordance with the Avios Conditions.
“Avios Group” means Avios Group (AGL) Limited. Registered in England under Company No. 2260073. Registered address Astral Towers, Betts Way, London Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9XY.
“Avios Conditions” means the agreement between you and Avios Group for the Avios Scheme.
“Conditions” means these Lloyds Bank Avios Rewards Scheme Conditions.
“Credit Card Account” means your Lloyds Bank Avios Rewards credit card account.
“Credit Card Conditions” means the conditions that apply to your Credit Card Account.
“Eligible Transaction” means a Purchase made by you or the additional cardholder or a Balance Transfer, except for Transactions within condition 3.1 below in the ‘Restrictions on the earning of Avios’ section.
1.1 You can participate in the Reward Scheme if:
2.1 You will earn Avios for Eligible Transactions made by you or the additional cardholder.
2.2 The number of Avios you earn will be calculated on the basis of your total monthly spend at the end of each statement period. At the point we do this calculation, you will earn:
2.3 You will earn 1.25 Avios for every full £5 of a balance transferred to your Credit Card Account.
2.4 You will only be able to spend your Avios when they have been recorded on your Avios Account in accordance with the Avios Conditions.
2.5 Information about the Avios that you have earned for Eligible Transactions will be included on your monthly Lloyds Bank Avios Rewards Credit Card Account statement. You may not receive a statement if you have not used your Lloyds Bank Avios Rewards Credit Card Account and the balance on your account is nil. The statement is correct at the time of print; if you need an up-to-date account balance, please log onto your Avios account at www.avios.com/gb/en_gb/.
2.6 You must check your monthly statement and notify us immediately if you do not agree with the amount of Avios earned for that period. If this happens we will review your account and if we find there to be a mistake with the amount of Avios we will correct it accordingly.
3.1 You will not earn Avios for the following Transactions:
• cash withdrawals;
• interest, fees or charges;
• transactions at casinos, betting outlets or bookmakers;
• payments to offline or online, current, savings, sharetrading, spread betting, gambling or any other similar account; or
• fraudulent transactions.
3.2 You will not be able to earn or redeem Avios if you become resident in any country other than the UK, the Channel Islands or Isle of Man.
3.3 We may suspend your right to earn Avios for any serious breaches of these Conditions, the Credit Card Conditions or the conditions of any other Lloyds Bank credit card account.
3.4 If we credit a refund to your Credit Card Account for a Purchase or Balance Transfer we will deduct the number of Avios earned on that Purchase or Balance Transfer.
3.5 In the event that we have to investigate whether you have made a Purchase which is an Eligible Transaction we may suspend your right to earn Avios on Eligible Transactions.
4.1. We may make changes to any of these Conditions in accordance with condition 4.2 below at any time, including the following:
4.2 We may make changes to these Conditions to:
If a change is to your disadvantage, we will give you 30 days’ notice in writing and you can close your Credit Card Account in accordance with the Credit Card Conditions within 60 days of us writing to you about the change (see condition 5.2 below).
We may also make changes to these Conditions for any other valid reason not listed above, provided we give you 60 days’ notice in writing and you can close your Credit Card Account in accordance with the Credit Card Conditions within 90 days of us writing to you about the change (see condition 5.2 below).
4.3 We may replace the Reward Scheme with a new loyalty scheme at any time in accordance with condition 4.2 above. We will do this by giving you 30 days’ notice in writing. If a change is to your disadvantage, you can close your Credit Card Account in accordance with the Credit Card Conditions within 60 days of us writing to you about the change (see condition 5.2 below).
5.1 If you terminate these Conditions for any reason your Credit Card Account will also be closed.
5.2 We will give you at least 30 days’ notice in writing before we end the Reward Scheme. If we end the Reward Scheme, the Avios you have already earned will remain on your Avios Account and you will continue to be able to use your Avios in accordance with the Avios Conditions.
5.3 We may transfer all of our rights and obligations under these Conditions without any further consent. By agreeing to the Credit Card Conditions and these Conditions you agree that we may disclose or transfer all information we hold about you to a prospective or actual new owner. Such a disclosure will not affect your rights.
6.1 You must also read the Avios Conditions which can be found at www.avios.com/gb/en_gb/.
6.2 If there is a conflict between the Credit Card Conditions and these Conditions on the one hand and the Avios Conditions on the other, the Avios Conditions shall prevail insofar as the relevant rules affect or purport to affect the Avios Scheme.
6.3 We will not be responsible for any losses on the occurrence of any of the following events where such events are caused by factors beyond our reasonable control:
• delay in opening an account by Avios Group;
• unauthorised redemption of Avios;
• failure or delay by Avios Group or any other person to provide goods or services; or
• loss or damage caused by goods or services supplied or requested in connection with the Avios Scheme.
The Avios Scheme is managed by the Avios Group (AGL) Limited (Company registration number: 2260073) whose registered office is at Astral Towers, Betts Way, London Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 9XY.
1 You will earn one upgrade voucher if you spend a minimum of £7,000 on your Lloyds Bank Avios Rewards Credit Card in a given year. The £7,000 spend threshold excludes cash withdrawals, balance transfers, refunded purchases, interest, fees and other charges.
2. You will be notified if you have qualified for an upgrade voucher on your Avios online account approx. 4 weeks after reaching the spend threshold of £7,000.
3. Upgrade vouchers are limited to one per year.
4. New bookings made using the upgrade voucher must be booked online at www.avios.com. Customers wishing to use the voucher to upgrade an eligible existing booking or if the flight you need includes a connection can do so by telephoning 0344 49 333 49.
5. Only bookings paid for using full Avios are eligible to be upgraded using the voucher. Avios and Money bookings and bookings paid for fully in cash are excluded.
6. The upgrade voucher will be valid for 12 months from the date of issue. Your booking must be made within the 12 month period, after which time the voucher will expire and will not be replaced or extended.
7. Upgrade vouchers can be used to upgrade either 2 one way flights for 2 people travelling at the same time and to the same destination or 1 return journey booked on a British Airways main line service. British Airways codeshare flights are excluded. Flights from London City airport are excluded.
8. Using an upgrade voucher enables customers to upgrade their booking by one cabin class. Customers can upgrade a booking to the class above as follows:
9. Bookings cannot be upgraded to a First Class Cabin.
10. Airline taxes, fees and charges or Reward Flight Saver (RFS) cost if applicable must be paid on all tickets booked. Customers who upgrade their journey using the upgrade voucher will have to pay the increase in airline taxes, fees and charges or increased Reward Flight Saver cost applicable to the cabin that the customer upgrades to.
11. RFS is available to Avios members who have collected 1 Avios in the preceding 12 months and who book a British Airways operated and marketed flight to a destination in Avios zones 1-3. RFS enables the member to pay a cash price in respect of taxes, fees and carrier charges on a qualifying flight in economy class in place of the actual taxes, fees and charges applicable to the booking. RFS is not available on any British Airways codeshare, BA partner flights or bookings containing any BA partner. The fee for RFS can be found on the Avios website at www.avios.com, the price quoted for RFS may be subject to change.
12. The cardholder must travel on any booking made using an upgrade voucher.
13. Customers who have an eligible existing booking made with Avios may use the upgrade voucher if applicable.
14. Upgrade vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and are non-transferable and non-refundable.
15. Bookings made using an upgrade voucher are subject to Avios terms and conditions and are strictly subject to availability which may be very limited or not available on some routes at certain times especially during peak periods.
16. Neither Lloyds Bank nor Avios Group (AGL) Ltd can guarantee you will be able to use an upgrade voucher on a particular flight.
17. Avios Group (AGL) Ltd reserve the right to withdraw or amend this offer upon providing reasonable notice.
18. Avios Group (AGL) Ltd cannot accept responsibility for problems arising from computer malfunctions, viruses, bugs or other such causes which may prevent you from taking advantage of this offer.