We’re here to help you
We know that many things in life can affect the way people manage their finances. That’s why we want to offer our help and support. Putting on a bet every now and then may be fun but the fun often stops.
At Lloyds Bank, we’re working closely with gambling support experts to ensure that our customers have easy access to a wide range of help and support options.
If you find yourself gambling more than you like, or if have concerns because of gambling, we have a range of ways to help you.
Since a teenager, Josh had enjoyed betting on his favourite football team. At first, the amounts were small but as time went on the stakes became bigger.
Josh started to place multiple large bets and soon he had lost six bets in a row. To try and win some money back he bet his whole month’s salary on one game. He lost again.
With little money in his account, Josh didn’t have enough to see him through to his next payday. He felt down and alone. With his rent and household bills due, Josh decided to contact his bank.
Are you in a similar situation to Josh, or do you know someone who is?
Whether you’re having problems yourself or know someone who is, we have three tips which could help make a difference:
Keep track of your spending
- Keep track of your bills and spending by using Internet banking. It’s safe, easy to use, and helps you to see the bigger picture of your finances.
- Gamban can be an effective tool too. It blocks access to thousands of gambling websites and apps on all of your devices. You can sign-up to Gamban today and as a Lloyds Bank customer, get 3 months free.
- If you think things are getting out of control, get in touch with us immediately. We will go through all of the options to help you get back on track.
- Visit a branch or call us on 0345 300 0000 (7am – 11pm).
If you would prefer not to speak to someone directly, you can use the secure messaging or webchat facilities on our app and website.
Talk to family and friends, and explore self exclusion tools
- You might find it easier to speak to friends and family about your problems first. They may be able to provide you with care and support, and help you decide your next step towards getting back in control.
- Our gambling freeze stops most gambling transactions on debit and credit cards. You can turn this on in Internet Banking , in-app or branch.
- If you turn the freeze off, it’ll take 48 hours to remove the freeze.
- Self-exclusion is available through GambleAware. It allows you to limit your access to a number of gambling websites.
Seek support from a third party
The National Gambling Treatment Service (NGTS) provide safe and effective treatment for gambling problems. It’s free at the point of delivery. The NGTS is organised by GambleAware. Treatment and support are provided by a network of NHS and voluntary organisations in England, Scotland and Wales.
Treatment varies, and the NGTS work with other agencies to identify and treat any other conditions, such as mental health challenges. Their Freephone number is 0808 8020 133. If you feel you’re not yet ready to talk to someone, they also offer a range of helpful support on their website.
They also offer alternative resources such as a Live Chat, and hearing impairment and language interpretation services here.
Important legal information
Lloyds Bank plc. Registered office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales No. 2065. Lloyds Bank plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278.
We may monitor or record telephone calls to check out your instructions correctly and to help us improve the quality of our service. Calls from abroad are charged according to the telephone service provider’s published tariff. Not all Telephone Banking services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please speak to an adviser for more information.