Just signed up?
We can help you with any questions about your application, our charges, how your account is managed, or how to transfer investments to us.
Managing your account
We explain how you can manage your share dealing account in our 3 minute video. It’s a quick guide to checking your valuation, transferring money or trading.
Providing additional ID documents
We will always try to verify your identity electronically however, if this isn’t possible, we need you to send ID to us to complete your application. If you’re asked to send ID then please send us one document from the proof of identity list and one document from the proof of address list.
All documents must be valid original or certified documents and we cannot accept expired documents.
You can certify your documents in any Halifax, Lloyds Bank or Bank of Scotland branch, or by a lawyer or accountant who is a member of a recognised professional body.
If you’d like a lawyer or accountant to certify your documents:
- We must be able to locate the certifier by name.
- The individual who is certifying your document(s) must state, 'I have seen the original document and I certify this to be a true copy of the original'.
- They should also sign, print their name and date the copy.
- They should state their professional capacity and apply their branch or practice stamp as appropriate.
- All certified documents must be printed on letter headed paper.
- UNEXPIRED PASSPORT - with signature
- UNEXPIRED UK PHOTO DRIVING LICENCE (FULL OR PROVISIONAL) - with signature and current address
- UK Driving Licence (Paper) – only valid if issued up to 30th June 1998 and no photocard is held
- Unexpired EU/EEA driving licence with photograph and signature, must be issued by a member state of the EU/EEA.
- UK Firearms Certificate or Shotgun Licence (unexpired).
- Unexpired EEA or equivalent jurisdiction National Identity Card with photograph and signature.
- UK Military ID card – (MOD90) – current serving personnel only
- Unexpired Biometric Residence Permit (front and back) – issued by the Home Office.
- UK Benefits / State Pension Notification Letters – must be from an official source, i.e. Job Centre Plus and Department for Work and Pensions / Local Authority, confirming the rights to a benefit. The letter must be dated within the last 12 months or current benefit period.
- HMRC Correspondence (excluding P45/P60) - must show Tax reference or NI number – dated within the last 12 months e.g. statement of account, notice of coding relating to the current year.
- UTILITY BILL (LAST 6 MONTHS)
- COUNCIL TAX LETTER / STATEMENT (LAST 12 MONTHS)
Or (please note we cannot accept any of the below if you are using it for proof of identity):
- Unexpired UK photo card driving licence with signature (Full or Provisional) and shows current address
- UK Driving Licence (Paper) – only valid if issued up to 30th June 1998 and no photocard is held.
- Unexpired EU/EEA driving licence with photograph and signature, must be issued by a member state of the EU/EEA
- Bank or Building Society Statement – must be issued by a regulated financial sector firm in the UK, EU or equivalent jurisdiction and dated and showing transactions within the last 6 months, statements showing interest only or carry forward balances are not acceptable –ISA statements are not acceptable.
- Mortgage Statement – from a Bank or Building Society – Dated within the last 12 months and issued by a regulated financial sector firm in the UK, EU or equivalent jurisdiction
- HMRC Correspondence (excluding P45/P60)- must show Tax reference or NI number – dated within the last 12 months e.g. statement of account, notice of coding relating to the current year.
- Solicitors' Correspondence - relating to a house purchase and dated in the last 3 months.
- Local Authority rent card / statement – showing payments within last 3 months
Please email photographs of the documents to StockbrokingIDandV@lloydsbanking.com
In the subject of the email please include your Personal Reference Number.
To confirm your identity and address, you will need to include 3 photographs:
- Proof of identity: this can be a photo of your Driving Licence or Passport open to the photo page (with a valid Visa where applicable), or a Biometric Residence Permit (front and back).
- A ‘selfie’: a photo with the document you are using as proof of your identity. Please ensure this is a clear picture where we can still see the picture on your document.
- Proof of address: a PDF download or photo of a utility bill or bank statement dated within the last 3 months, or a council tax bill or mortgage statement dated within the last 12 months. Please note that all bank statements must include transactions from this period, excluding the balance carried forward.
Please ensure the photographs are taken clearly so we can verify the documents being sent into us. When taking a photo of yourself ensure it is a clear visible image of your whole face with no obstructions (i.e. no sunglasses or hat).
When sending documents through to us we must make you aware of the following:
- The size of your email including all attachments needs to be under 20mb.
- Emails sent to Lloyds Banking Group by you are not secure prior to reaching our infrastructure, and may be accessed by an unauthorised person. Therefore we advise that you consider the risk to your personal and confidential information before you communicate in this way. Please consider whether you are still comfortable sending us documents by email.
You will receive an automated email response confirming receipt.
Alternatively you can send the documents to us by post to the address below:
Freepost RRXJ - EACH - JBTC
Lloyds Bank Share Dealing
Lovell Park Road
Or you can take the original documents into your local branch for copying. Certifiers should state, 'I have seen the original document and I certify this to be a true copy of the original'. They should sign, print their name and date the copy. They should state their professional capacity and apply their branch or practice stamp as appropriate. Documents must be certified on each page.
Find your Investment Account or Investment ISA In Internet Banking
If you’ve got a Ready-Made Investment and you’re struggling to find it within Internet Banking then please follow the below steps.
Step 1: Log on to Internet Banking.
Step 2: Scroll past all other Lloyds Bank accounts until you see ‘Your investments and pensions’.
Step 3: Click on the + icon to see your account and then click on ‘Online Investments’ to view your account.
If you’re can’t find what you’re looking for then please contact us.
Important legal information
The Lloyds Bank Direct Investments Service is operated by Halifax Share Dealing Limited. Registered Office: Trinity Road, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX1 2RG. Registered in England and Wales no. 3195646. Halifax Share Dealing Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under registration number 183332. A Member of the London Stock Exchange and an HM Revenue & Customs Approved ISA Manager.