What this section is for
What you tell us here will become part of your contract with us.
If you complete this form, you're letting us know that you agree with the statements below.
You’re also letting us know that you’ve checked if your other providers will charge you to transfer. You agree to pay these as part of your transfer.
If I'm transferring a Lloyds Banking Group pension:
The value of my plan is taken from the date I submit (or confirm) the transfer request.
I understand that if my pension has protected tax-free cash and (or) a protected retirement age, I'll lose these benefits. Scottish Widows will get in touch with me to confirm I want to go ahead and will not process the transfer until I do.
Declarations to Scottish Widows
When you set up a Retirement Account you'll have a policy issued in your name and become a member of the scheme. Scottish Widows manages (or 'administrates') the scheme and follows the responsibilities described in the rules of the scheme.
The details you enter online are part of a new contract to set up a Retirement Account with us, along with the:
You'll get these documents in the post when your application is complete. The rules of the scheme are available on request.
You’re happy for us to start your transfer
I authorise, instruct and apply to you to transfer sums and assets from the plan(s) as listed in this application directly to Scottish Widows and to provide any instructions and/or discharge required by any relevant third party to do so.
We can talk to your providers and your employers, and they can talk to us
I authorise Scottish Widows, the current provider, any contributing employer named in this application to obtain from each other, and release to each other, any information that may be required to enable the transfer of sums and assets to Scottish Widows.
You’re happy for us to ask a credit agency to check that your details are correct
I accept that in order to comply with regulatory obligations, Scottish Widows – and the current provider named in this application – may need to verify my identity and residential address, and may use credit reference agency searches and ask for my documents to verify my identity and address.
If you change your mind, we’ll send back the payment we received
Until this application is accepted and complete, Scottish Widow’s responsibility is limited to the return of the total payment(s) to the current provider(s).
Once you’ve transferred to us, the income you’ll receive will come from us, not your old providers.
When payment is made to Scottish Widows as instructed, this means that I shall no longer be entitled to receive pension benefits from the whole of the plan(s) listed in this application where the whole of the plan(s) is transferring, or that part of the plan(s) represented by the payment(s) if only part of the plan(s) is transferring.
You gave us the right details.
I accept responsibility in respect of any claims, losses, expenses, additional tax charges or any penalties that Scottish Widows and the current provider may incur as a result of any incorrect, untrue, or misleading information in this application or given by me, or on my behalf, or of any failure on my part to comply with any aspect of this application.
This includes where I have been asked to provide any original policy document(s) in return for the transfer of funds and I am unable to do so.
You’ve checked our transfer pages and there’s nothing to stop you applying.
I confirm the current plan(s) are not subject to any existing or proposed trustee in bankruptcy orders, or earmarking or pension sharing orders, or other receiving orders.
I confirm that I live in the UK.
If you’re setting pension contributions now or in the future.
I declare that;
- for the purposes of obtaining tax relief to which I’m entitled to under section 188 of the Finance Act 2004, total contributions paid by me, or by another individual on my behalf, to the Scheme, and any other registered pension schemes of which I am a member, will not in any tax year, exceed the higher of the basic amount (currently £3,600 gross), and 100% of my relevant UK earnings.
- contributions paid by me, or by another individual on my behalf, which are paid net of basic rate tax, will change if the basic rate of tax changes, to maintain the then total contribution to the Scheme.
- I will inform Scottish Widows if I am no longer entitled to receive tax relief on my contributions to the Scheme. I will do so by the later of:
- 5th April in the tax year in which I ceased to be entitled to tax relief; and
- 30 days after the date I ceased to be entitled to tax relief.
- I will inform Scottish Widows within 30 days if:
- my employment status, or my employer, should change from that indicated in this application, or
- I stop residing in the United Kingdom.
When you submit this form, you’re confirming you’ve been told the following:
- When you transfer your pensions in full to us, your pensions with the transferring provider and which relates to this transfer will be closed.
- We’re not giving you financial advice during this process.
- You have the right to change your mind, this means:
- If you change your mind about transferring your pension, you’ll tell Scottish Widows within 30 days of receiving your confirmation documents in the post. Scottish Widows will have to return your pensions to your previous providers.
- If your previous providers do not accept your pensions back, you might have to set up a new policy.
- It's my responsibility to find out whether my previous pensions have valuable benefits I could lose if I transfer them.
This declaration and the particulars given in this application are, to the best of my knowledge and belief, correct and complete.
What happens next?
How will you keep me updated?
If you’ve opted in to receive text alerts we will provide you with regular updates.
Alternatively, you can call our UK-based customer service team on 0345 601 2585
How long will it take?
It typically takes from 2-4 weeks from start to finish, from contacting your previous providers, to adding your transfer payment into your pension.