Going abroad? Easily order your travel money online, delivered free to your home or local branch. Get euros and US dollars instantly at your local branch*.
Features and benefits
- Get your travel money delivered to your home by 4pm the next working day with Royal Mail Special Delivery if you order your currency by 12pm. You will not be charged a delivery fee.
- If you want foreign banknotes it’s easy to order if you’re registered for Internet Banking.
- If you want travel money fast you can get euros and US dollars instantly at your local branch*.
- Get free next working day delivery to our branches* if you order your currency by 12pm, Monday to Friday. You can collect your currency the next working day after 4pm, Monday to Friday.
- There are no fees if you buy foreign currency from your Lloyds Bank current account.
- If you have any leftover foreign currency when you get back, we can buy it back*.
Keep in mind
- If you use your credit card to order travel money over the phone, a cash advance fee may apply. Check your credit card rates for details.
- Different delivery timescales may apply to Scotland and Northern Ireland. We may not be able to guarantee next working day delivery to certain remote areas within the United Kingdom, or to branches which are not open standard hours every weekday. Please check when placing your order. We can only deliver to the UK and Northern Ireland and it must be to the cardholder’s billing address.
- The price at which we buy your currency back may differ from the price at which you bought it from us. We may not be able to re-purchase currency if a country becomes embargoed or we no longer deal with that currency.
- We may cease buying back certain foreign currency bank notes and travellers cheques at any time and without notice.
*Please note you cannot collect travel money or sell it back at a Counter-free branch.
You have to order a minimum of £100.
We can only deliver to the UK and Northern Ireland and it must be to the cardholder’s billing address.
Deliveries to your home address or Lloyds Bank branch are completely free of charge.
Orders confirmed before 12pm Monday–Friday will be delivered by 4pm the next working day (Monday if ordered on Friday). These timescales may be different for Scotland and Northern Ireland. We may not be able to guarantee next working day delivery to some remote areas of the United Kingdom.
Orders confirmed after 12pm on a working day, or orders on a day that isn’t a working day (e.g. Saturday/Sunday and Bank Holidays) will be available on the second working day from the date of order. For example, if you order on a Saturday, the money will be available on Tuesday.
Orders for delivery to a Lloyds Bank branch can be collected after 4pm the next working day if confirmed before 12pm Monday-Friday. These timescales may differ if your chosen delivery branch is not open standard hours every weekday. Please check when placing your order.
Any orders that haven’t been collected (from your chosen branch) after ten working days from the delivery date you chose will be cancelled and returned to the processing centre. You’ll receive a refund based on the buy-back exchange rate for that day. Cancelled and reduced orders will also be refunded at the buy-back exchange rate of that day. This means you will usually receive back less than you originally paid.
Orders are currently commission free.
You can place multiple orders using your current account to pay for them, providing each one isn’t worth more than £3,000. The total value of each order must be at least £100.
You cannot collect travel money or sell it back at a Counter-free branch.
We may cease buying back certain foreign currency bank notes and travellers cheques at any time and without notice.
The online service is generally available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. There may be periods when it isn’t available because of routine maintenance. There will be a message displayed on the screen when this happens.
The Telephone order service is administered by Travelex on behalf of Lloyds Bank. Travelex may monitor and record phone calls to help provide a high level of service.
Calls may be monitored and recorded in case we need to check we have carried out your instructions correctly and to help us improve our quality of service.
American Express® is a registered trademark of American Express Co.
If you're abroad and stuck without any cash, we can help.
You can get cash in an emergency by calling your Lloyds Bank branch. Branches are open Monday–Friday and closed Bank Holidays. Outside of branch hours, call:
+44 170 227 8270
(when calling from outside the UK)
0345 300 0000
(when calling from within the UK)
Getting emergency cash depends on whether funds are available in your account.
Together with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) travel advice, we want you to have a safe trip. Before you travel, get essential, country-specific tips and advice from the FCO website.
Important legal information
Lloyds Bank plc. Registered office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales No. 2065. Lloyds Bank plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278.
Eligible deposits with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded in case we need to check we have carried out your instructions correctly and to help us improve our quality of service.