Lloyds Bank web accessibility policy
We’re committed to providing a website that is accessible to all of our customers and we adhere sensibly and practically to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 from the W3C websitefrom the W3C website. These are produced by the World Wide Web Consortium, the web’s governing body, and provide a set of checkpoints designed to ensure that websites are designed and written properly.
The Lloyds Bank website has been certified by Digital Accessibility Centre as AA standard for accessibility, determined through rigorous testing by people with disabilities, automated tools and expert technical auditing to make sure that our site is usable to everyone. However, in many cases across the site we have aimed for AAA standard compliance.
To make sure our website is accessible as possible:
- All our images have alternative text so that if you can’t see the image, you can still understand what it means.
- We use strong colour contrasts between foreground and background.
- The page text can be made larger to make it easier to see and read on your computer.
- We’ve used our headings correctly by making sure they’re not just ordinary text made to look big and bold.
- Our links are meaningful so you can find the information you need quickly.
- The tables we use have clear headings and summaries.
- We provide a number of colour contrast settings for the best customer experience.
- We use plain English which is clearly understandable, and have avoided using jargon where we can.
- All of our tools and calculators can be used without pointing devices such as a mouse or track-pad.
If you have problems using a computer because of a disability or impairment then we recommend that you visit AbilityNet’s website which provides lots of advice on how to make your computer easier to use. AbilityNet are experts in the field of computing and disability and they provide a free service to individuals with disabilities to assess their computing needs (call AbilityNet free on 0800 269 545 for more information).
We welcome feedback on the accessibility of our site and any suggestions for improvement, so please use our feedback form for any comments you’d like to raise regarding accessibility.
If you have any problems using the Lloyds Bank website, please contact us and we’ll do what we can to help.
Important legal information
Lloyds Bank plc. Registered office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales No. 2065. Lloyds Bank plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278.
Eligible deposits with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded in case we need to check we have carried out your instructions correctly and to help us improve our quality of service.
PhoneBank® is a registered trademark of Lloyds Bank plc.