2 Year Fixed Rate Cash ISA
With this cash ISA, you can enjoy the peace of mind of a fixed interest rate for two years.
Please read the summary box before applying
Summary box for the 2 Year Fixed Rate Cash ISA
Earn 0.20% tax free/AER fixed interest on balances of £1 or more for two years from account opening.
You can choose to have your interest paid monthly or every 12 months after you open the account.
No. This account has a fixed rate of interest so the rate won't change during the term.
For example, if you deposit £3000.00 when you open the account, after 24 months you will have a balance of £3012.01 after interest is paid.
- the interest rate stays the same for two years
- interest is paid every 12 months after you open the account
- you make your deposit on the day you open the account and you don't add more money after that
- you don’t withdraw any money or interest.
This account can be opened and managed:
- on our app
- in branch
- by phone.
Bear in mind:
- you must be aged 16 or over and a UK resident for tax purposes with a national insurance number
- you need to open the account with £3,000 or more
- you must not have already saved in a cash ISA this tax year, unless you're going to complete an ISA transfer. This includes Help to Buy: ISAs and cash ISAs with other banks
- the account must be opened in your sole name
- you can save up to £20,000 in a combination of permitted ISAs this tax year. Read more about ISA limits
- after two years, your account will change to an Instant Cash ISA. Before this happens, we’ll contact you to explain your options and next steps.
You can withdraw money from this account but you will be charged. You’ll be charged the equivalent of 180 days’ tax-free interest to make withdrawals, close your account early or transfer money to another ISA. This means you may get back less than you put in.
Any money you move into an account that isn't an ISA will lose its tax-free status. Tax treatment depends on your individual circumstances and may change in the future.
If you change your mind, you can cancel the account free of charge within 14 days of opening.
Savings terms explained
Tax free means you will not pay income tax on your interest.
AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate. Whenever you see an advert for a savings account which shows an interest rate, you will see the AER. This means you can use the AER to compare accounts. It shows what the interest rate would be if your interest was paid and compounded once each year.
For more definitions, view our glossary.
Open a 2 Year Fixed Rate Cash ISA
You can open an account if:
- you're aged 16 or over and a UK resident for tax purposes with a national insurance number
- you're ready to save at least £3,000
- you haven't already saved in a cash ISA this tax year, unless you're going to complete an ISA transfer. This includes Help to Buy: ISAs and cash ISAs with other banks.
Please read the summary box and the terms and conditions (PDF) before you start.