Lend a Hand Mortgage
Saving a deposit for your first home isn’t always easy. We’re always here to help you find the right mortgage. But did you know your family can now help you get onto the property ladder.
You could lose your home if you don’t keep up your mortgage repayments
- No borrower deposit required - Instead, a family member can put down 10% of the purchase price of your home into a 3 year fixed term savings account.
- It’s your home - Only you will be named on the mortgage and only you will have legal rights over the property.
- Your payments will stay the same for the first 3 years - That’s because your mortgage will be on a fixed interest rate for 3 years, making it easy to budget each month.
- The savings will earn interest - When the 3 year term ends, your family member will get their savings back with interest, as long as your mortgage repayments have all been made.
You've saved your nestegg, so why use it as security?
- Help a family member to get their foot on the ladder - Buying a home isn’t as easy as it used to be, and most first time buyers could use a helping hand.
- Get your money back plus interest after 3 years - That’s as long as the buyer doesn’t miss any mortgage payments or their home is not repossessed.
- £300 cashback towards your legal fees - You’ll get this through the conveyancer when the mortgage completes.
While your savings are being held as security against the mortgage, they will be locked away in a Lend a Hand Fixed Savings Account.
Financial Services Compensation Scheme
It’s normal to have lots of questions about your mortgage. So what is it about Lend a Hand that makes it great for first time buyers?
- You don’t need to save for a deposit - You can borrow between 95% and 100% of the purchase price of your home.
- It’s your home - While your family member helps you out with the deposit, your new home is all yours.
- Help when you need it - Our qualified mortgage advisers are ready to answer any questions by phone. Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm and Saturday 9am to 4pm.
- £250 cashback with Club Lloyds - If you or your family member is a Club Lloyds customer, we’ll give you £250 cashback when you complete on your mortgage with us*
Keep in mind;
- You should think about the impact having a low or no deposit might have. It can mean that there is a higher risk of negative equity. You are in negative equity if you owe more on your mortgage than what your house is worth.
- You or your family member must have a Club Lloyds Current Account before applying for a Lend a Hand Mortgage.
- You can borrow up to maximum of £500,000 for your mortgage.
- You need to be a first time buyer who’s living and buying a home in England or Wales.
- The Lend a Hand Mortgage can’t be used for interest only mortgages, New Build, Right to Buy, shared equity, or shared ownership.
- The Club Lloyds £250 cashback offer can stop at any time.
*The £250 cashback would be paid to you, even if your family member is the Club Lloyds customer. The £3 per month Club Lloyds fee applies unless £2,000 paid in each month.